• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kesha Sues Dr. Luke, Alleges Sexual Assault & Forced Drug/Alcohol Use

Started by j.fco.morales, October 14, 2014, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 15, 2014, 12:51:47 AM

As far though, as what they keep saying how Kesha and her mom " admitted their accusations were false", NOWHERE in the complaint against her does it give proof of that. And it seems utterly ridiculous to accuse that, when she's filing a detailed, lengthy complaint like this!!!!  The two things do not compute.

Just totally mind blowing and disturbing on every level..........

Quote from: georg_e on October 15, 2014, 01:08:24 AM
     Respectfully, J_A24, I don't think it means he believes anything at all! There's really nothing else someone else in his position can do........(or his lawyers can do).  Not only that -- this is what his attorneys DO.  They counter-sue every time someone has made a plagiarism accusation against him. It's their modus operandi.

There's nothing that is meant to be proven in complaints.

The fact that he goes to supreme court gives him no right for appeal in case he loses. So yeah, he's gotta be absolutely sure of the case he's building. Doesn't prove him innocent, just like your perception of Kesha being credible doesn't prove him guilty.

There's no proof of veracity in what either side is claiming right now. It will all remain in court and maybe we'll know what was proven in the end (in a long time). In the meantime, people will just chose to believe either side with no basis other than how much they like the person or popular belief.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 15, 2014, 03:10:35 AM

Also, you wrote  "There's nothing that is meant to be proven in complaints".    Of course there is!!   Kesha's lawyers are setting out specific accusations, which if it goes to trial she'll intend to prove.   

I meant that there's no evidence that's meant to be presented in complaints, which was in reply to your comment about there being no proof of Kesha and her mom admitting their allegations were false. There's no proof at all of what each side is claiming that we know of.

I brought up that statement in Luke's complaint because Luke is accusing Kesha, Pebe and Vector management in supreme court instead of building a defence case.

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 15, 2014, 03:37:54 AM
  Ah, OK got you -- sorry ;-)   I admit this whole thing has really upset me (although it's morbidly fascinating, too, lol) because it calls into question so much about what the music industry is like.......I mean -- (my feelings, of course) -- if this is what goes on at the creme-de-la-creme level, which as musicians we're sort of striving for, at least musically....then.....?   It's so weird, because there's MUSIC, which is pure in and of itself, and then there's..........this.   Frightening to me.  Like who is real....even if they SEEM nice.......?

No problem. I get you, it feels weird to me too and I'm in actual disbelief that this is actually going on. The music industry has definitely it's dark sides even at the highest level, but like a friend of mine told me once: "You just take what you want out of it".

Celebrities and public figures are often portrayed as exceptional people, because of their status. But they're not safe from harm or mistakes; They're human like everyone. I just try to remain objective and not picking sides in any story or idea (besides when there's convincing evidence of what's going on) regardless of what my instinct tells me, because for all I know my gut instinct can just be heavily influenced and biased by what's being fed to me by the environment on a daily basis.

sweetmelody

I wonder if Max will be brought into this somehow? Like if there is a trial, will he be called to testify? After reading Kesha's entire lawsuit there is some pretty shocking accusations, that if true, must mean that Luke has a pattern of this behavior. If he's such an asshole though then why hasn't anyone said anything before?

turnaround

I wonder that too. The allegations are horrible, I don't know how long is the sentence if this turns out to be true.
But as long has there is a judgement there is the presumption of innocence.

Btw I split and merged all posts to this one thread regarding the allegations.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

wow, I don't know what to think. Could any of this be true? I really hope it's not. I can't imagine that Dr Luke would do this knowing that it would ruin his whole career. Yet, I don't know why he just didn't let her out of the contract ages ago, when that free Kesha campaign was going on. I could probably see that Dr Luke could be controlling, however rape and forcing her to take drugs? I just don't see it, he seems like he'd be a workaholic and not much time for anything else and saying things like trying to force his pregnant wife to get an abortion? really? it's all so extreme. 

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 15, 2014, 05:55:20 PM

Very good outlook, thanks-- made me feel better.  I've often thought about  the fact that EVERY single profession, industry etc (including the legal business itself, lol) has corruption.  So you might as well just pick the profession you enjoy most, and as you wrote "take what you want out if it".

And act well, even if it means a little less money. Because in the end, money and power will not protect you. But MUSIC  goes on.    Just ask Phil Spector..........

Exactly. Longevity over money all day everyday.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Rebecca on October 15, 2014, 11:10:39 AM
wow, I don't know what to think. Could any of this be true? I really hope it's not. I can't imagine that Dr Luke would do this knowing that it would ruin his whole career. Yet, I don't know why he just didn't let her out of the contract ages ago, when that free Kesha campaign was going on. I could probably see that Dr Luke could be controlling, however rape and forcing her to take drugs? I just don't see it, he seems like he'd be a workaholic and not much time for anything else and saying things like trying to force his pregnant wife to get an abortion? really? it's all so extreme.

totally agree with this viewpoint. this big bombshell of an accusation coming out of nowhere, while Kesha is working on new music. what is she hoping to gain? money? if she wanted to be let out of her contract, and had bad blood with Luke regardless of abuse, why wouldn't he just let her work with outside producers?

definitely seems too extreme and while i think Kesha seems honest, she also is one of those people like Demi Lovato who speak so openly about their issues that it almost demeans them, and cheapens the authenticity of what really happened. so in that sense, I feel like Kesha would embellish and try to pass off certain controlling behaviors of Luke to ABUSE and FORCING her to take drugs, when he only might have encouraged them and she certainly was a party girl when she just began her career in LA. Hence, her whole first album's party theme.

j.fco.morales

J_A24

That's probably because he wanted to pay less. A house with specific furniture is worth less than one without.

Way to attack someone when down though, doesn't surprise me coming from the snake pit that is that show.

Rebecca

that doesn't really surprise me that Dr Luke would insist on having everything in the Osbourne's house. Sometimes, people want all the furniture in the house (I watch Million Dollar Listing!) However, Sharon didn't have to agree to selling the house to him, she could have gone with another buyer - obviously Dr Luke was offering the highest price.  It still doesn't mean that he's a rapist. I still don't understand how Dr Luke 'forced' Kesha to leave school - where was her mother then when she leaving school? obviously she was happy that someone was wanting to make her daughter a star.

yes, this is all so fascinating.

J_A24

Some kind of email that Pebe sent to Luke a year ago just leaked to TMZ:

QuoteKesha's mom sent Dr. Luke's lawyer an email a year ago ... alleging Luke raped her daughter -- but there's a distinct smell of extortion.

In the email -- obtained by TMZ -- Pebe Sebert complains that Luke screwed her out of music publishing rights connected to her daughter. She then says:

"We, me and Kesha and her friends, like Lady Gaga, are going to make all of this Really PUBLIC, in the next few days. Luke date raped Kesha when she was 18. Nicky Hilton's birthday? Paris Hilton's house? Luke gave Kesha pills. She ended up naked in his hotel room 2 days later. No longer a virgin?"

The email then gives an ultimatum:

"Do we all want this to come out? Either Luke releases Kesha from all legal contracts, and gives me back all my publishing, or we, Kesha and I, tell the truth."

And then there's this:

"And if I wind up dead, TRUST ME, IT'S IN WRITING TO CALL YOU AND LUKE."

Luke says in his lawsuit against Kesha her allegations are a pack of lies and designed to scare him into releasing her from a binding recording contract. He also claims Kesha and her mom have admitted they lied about the allegations.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/16/kesha-mom-dr-luke-extortion-email-rape/#ixzz3GLQ5YJLF

Then Mark Geragos accuses Luke of wanting to twist an email sent by an angry and concerned mom. That email was weird, it sounded more like a threat than an actual letter to your daughter's rapist. I don't know, to me this all has felt like a public campaign against Luke instead of an abuse case gone public so far.

Then this:

QuoteKesha spilled her guts to her shrinks in rehab about sexual and physical abuse at the hands of Dr. Luke ... so she claims.

Sources connected to Kesha's lawsuit against Luke tell TMZ ... when the singer went to rehab in January for an eating disorder, she "spontaneously" began telling doctors stories about Dr. Luke ... that he drugged her, sexually abused her and physically assaulted her.  The sources say the doctors kept notes that will become evidence in her lawsuit.

The sources say Kesha's doctors advised her she needed to stay as far away from Dr. Luke as possible and one suggested she might die if she didn't heed their warning.

As for why Kesha never went to the cops, the sources claim Kesha had a Stockholm-type syndrome ... she had been with him for more than 8 years at the time, and she didn't have "free will." 

As for Dr. Luke, his rep tells TMZ, "That's preposterous.  Just because someone says something to a doctor doesn't mean they weren't fabricated or part of an overall pre-planned campaign."

The rep adds, "Her statements are false.  It is important to note that these are just the latest in a series of bizarre public statements and actions by Kesha and her mother over the years, including Kesha's claim her vagina is 'haunted,' her drinking her own urine on her reality show, and her mother dressing up as a penis on the television show."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/16/kesha-and-dr-luke-rehab-abuse/#ixzz3GLSRMDnm

Now it's a public war, Luke's side is attacking Kesha and her mom's character aswell. It's all just foggy.

J_A24

Tomorrow I am going to start making public how Dr. Luke blackmailed me into giving him and Circuit publishing credit, on all songs I wrote on warrior, with Kesha and other writers and producers... We, me and kesha and her friends... are going to make all of this Really PUBLIC, in the next few days. Luke date raped Kesha when she was 18. Nicky Hilton's birthday? Paris Hiltons house? Luke gave Kesha pills? She ended up naked in his hotel room 2 days later, no longer a virgin? Do we want all this to come out? either this Luke releases Kesha from all legal contracts, and gives me back all my publishing, or we, Kesha and I. tell the truth."

J_A24

Quote from: georg_e on October 17, 2014, 04:02:56 AM
        Best thing you'll read on this so far from the best source:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/inside-kesha-dr-lukes-dueling-741552

The paragraph towards the end that starts "Somwhere in the back-and-forth shots lies an ugly truth..."   expresses perfectly what I was thinking on the subway home tonight --what is the absolute crux of the matter, and seems so obvious to me.  Was gonna post my thoughts on it, but he said it there  in that paragraph exactly what I was thinking.....

I have the same question. But I don't think that Kesha's and Luke's success in music have anything to do with their integrity as human beings, that's the key. It's quite possible that Kesha is misguided and lacks better judgement just as Luke can be a destructive person.

Don't listen to what both lawyers are saying, it's all strategy, just look at facts here:

It's pretty odd that a mother writes a letter to her daughter's abuser demanding publishing rights, a contract release, naming a celebrity "friend" of her daughter as back up, and threatening to tell the "truth" about sexual abuse and making it "public" if Luke doesn't comply. It sounds pretty much like extortion and it really reflects a lack of judgement from Pebe regardless of Luke's abuse being true or not.

It's going to be very very hard for Kesha's camp to prove some of the abuse they claim against Luke since it wasn't put out to light until many years after it allegedly happened. That's why I think that legally speaking, Luke's complaint being more straight to the point and precise could definitely help his cause.

We've yet to hear any facts coming from Kesha's side, just her lawyer mouthing off Luke and emotionally exploiting public opinion by citing things like the NFL domestic violence scandal and Chris Brown.