• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max & Simple Plan

Started by Markus1981, November 13, 2007, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markus1981

Just read on the main page that Max is apparantly working with Simple Plan on their new album. Interesting choice for Max, definitely more of a rock band than he's worked with recently. I hope he doesn't venture away from working with pop artists altogether though.

Here is a rip of Simple Plan's first single from the new record. I actually realy like it. It doesn't sound particualrly like Max's sound so don't know if it's one of the tracks he's worked on. What do others think about this hook up?

zshare.net/audio/4538053f0ee9a2/

turnaround

Oh, very nice, I like some songs by Simple Plan.

I knew Max would appear on something random and unpredictable, like he has on the Apocalyptica and James Blunt album this year.

I am sure they will be a perfect match, actually Simple Plan have very poppy melodies.

I hope it's a midtempo song, can't wait!

Thanks for this, the new single is pretty nice!

Here is the article by the way:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003662224

QuoteIn addition to Hills, Simple Plan worked with Dave Fortman and Max Martin on the follow-up to 2004's million-plus seller "Still Not Getting Any."

We definitely have to check ASCAP etc.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Thanks Markus for starting this thread! and thanks Turnaround for the Billboard link - I didn't have that before!
Should be a good match

I think Simple Plan could sing a song like Ashley Angel Parker's "I'm Better" or like "Stanfour's Do It All"

I hope it's more than 1 song for Simple Plan. I'm getting tired of this 1 song for this person, 1 song for that person.

Hopefully it will be released as a single too.

Feelgoodlies

Wow I really like Simple Plan..I love their leader's vocals.....Max and them I think they would fit together,and hey I am kinda sad that Max isn't doing Pop again.

ahmed

Prime

I think it fits quite well in the last work of Max. Simple Plan is far away from being a rock band, so I guess it will be, like Rebecca said, something similar to "Let u go"

LJ

He co-wrote/produced their song called Generation. You can see them talk about it here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=caFP-y9AOX8 They talk about it around 2 minutes in the video. First David talks.. then Pierre explains about the song Max Martin was on.

Rebecca

oh cool, thanks Linda for the youtube link

turnaround

Thanks LJ, it's always interesting to hear them talking about our guys.
And I liked it..

LJ

Yeah it really is cool to hear artist talk about them. What's cooler for me is that Simple Plan is my all time favorite band so when I heard about this, I pretty much screamed out loud lol

Linda

lol I never actually heard of Simple Plan before..

turnaround

Oh, you should go on a youtube session :D
Great songs for example.

"Untitled"
"Welcome to my life"

And I liked it..

Linda

LJ

Quote from: Linda on November 18, 2007, 04:20:44 PM
lol I never actually heard of Simple Plan before..

Or visit their myspace (www.myspace.com/simpleplan) where they've put up their newest song "When I'm Gone".
They're the best guys ever  :D

Tiiger

Simple Plan? I think I know the name. Where are they from? Can't bother to Google. The red wine is making me dizzy.  :D
Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable