• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

How many "albums" and singles have Max sold?

Started by SweTonyUS, September 19, 2007, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweTonyUS

I read some year back that Jörgen Elofsson had received a plaquet from his record company celebrating the fact that his songs were present on 100 million sold albums. I recall thinking then that Max Martin should already have received two plaquets from his record company.  I have never seen any statistics regarding his overall sales. Obviously it's a difference between guys like Jörgen and Max who often might have only one song on an album and guys like Per Gessle and Benny Andersson who mostly write for their own projects to which they supply all the songs. Therefore perhaps the number of single sales is a more just statistic when comparing the commercial success of the producers with the singer songwriters and composer/lyricist teams. Still even this statistic should be favourable towards the producers since they often supply the singles for many different artists. I believe that Per has sold between 70 and 100 million records (some 90 % of the sales should be Roxette although in Sweden i think his other work has sold more).

Rebecca

Hi, I've wondered that myself.

He must have sold well over 100 million albums. If you add Backstreet Boys first 5 albums which apparently total about 76 million, then Britney's first 3 albums which must be about 50 million etc etc
but yeah it's hard when there's others albums like Kelly Clarkson's where he only wrote 2 (though significant) songs.