• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Sam Smith - “How Do You Sleep?” (Ilya & Max Martin)

Started by getawaydriver, June 18, 2019, 04:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

bugmenot

Sam Smith is in Stockholm with some familiar faces

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

Is this an Ariana grande reject?
Apparently this is mostly Ilya

melodicmoonlight

Definitely get Ariana vibes upon first listen. also the melody leading into the chorus sounds so familiar: "bay-bee..."

i still like the song though.

nanofives

The synth of the beginning reminded me of You're My Favorite by Gwen Stefani

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 19, 2019, 07:44:35 PM
Definitely get Ariana vibes upon first listen. also the melody leading into the chorus sounds so familiar: "bay-bee..."

i still like the song though.

figured it out - Backstreet Boys "Inconsolable" this part: "baby, i don't wanna waste another day."

j.fco.morales

Not my cup of tea.

Reminds me of the expectation about Ellie Goulding doing stuff with the Cousins and didn't matching the expectations.
To me, sounds a little bit too much like Troye Sivan.

And I'm surprised that those choruses are not big, only drums+808s+vocals.

backgammonfiend

you can find the full beat on youtube, it sounds exactly like thank you next productions.

it's B tier at best. Will not break top 25, Sam Smith vocals carried the song

nanofives

The pitch correction annoys me a lot, it sounds intended but Sam's vibratos are mostly gone, sounds very robotic.

B Steady

Quote from: nanofives on July 27, 2019, 07:42:14 AM
The pitch correction annoys me a lot, it sounds intended but Sam's vibratos are mostly gone, sounds very robotic.

This!

It kills the vibe so much, it really bothers me.
That "Baby" before the first chorus could've been epic but it wasn't - thanks to the ridiculous amount of Auto-Tune.

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 20, 2019, 06:16:07 AM
figured it out - Backstreet Boys "Inconsolable" this part: "baby, i don't wanna waste another day."

Spot-on!
Vila i frid Dag