• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Sam Smith - Too Good at Goodbyes (Stargate)

Started by turnaround, September 08, 2017, 11:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0mel2N9Ws9r4yLQn5QE21Y[/spotify]

To me he is quite overhyped. But the song is not bad.

QuoteTor Erik Hermansen, Composer, Author - Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, Composer, Author - Bob Ludwig, Mastering Engineer - Simon Hale, String Arranger - Richard George, Strings - Ian Burdge, Strings - Everton Nelson, Strings - Steve Fitzmaurice, Producer, Mixer, Engineer, Drum Programming, Recording Producer - StarGate, Percussion - James Napier, Composer, Author - EARL HARVIN, Drums, Percussion - Bruce White, Strings - Lawrence Johnson, Vocal Arranger - Darren Heelis, Engineer, Drum Programming - Ben Jones, Guitar - EMI April Music Inc., MusicPublisher - Sam Smith, Composer, Author, Vocals, Additional Vocals, MainArtist - Jimmy Napes, Producer, Percussion - Jodi Milliner, Bass Guitar - Sony/ATV Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Salli Isaak Songs Ltd, MusicPublisher - Reuben James, Organ, Piano - Naughty Words Ltd, MusicPublisher - Stellar Songs Ltd., MusicPublisher - John Prestage, Asst. Recording Engineer - Steph Marziano, Asst. Recording Engineer - Gus Pirelli, Engineer - Will Purton, Asst. Recording Engineer - Tom Archer, Asst. Recording Engineer - The LJ Singers, Background Vocalist - Henri Davies, Asst. Recording Engineer - Isabel Grundy Gracefield, Asst. Recording Engineer
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Mm, it's an OK song. It didn't grab me at first listen.

The lyrics are a bit bland and sound wise is on the same vein of his previous records.

Delltabico

I think this has to be popular for a long time. Because it is very good.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6Qs4SXO9dwPj5GKvVOv8Ki[/spotify]

Sam Smith's new single. Or Normani?  :o

Written by Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Hermansen.
Produced by Stargate.

turnaround

Track 1      Sam Smith & Steve Mac   
Dancing with a Stranger      Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Normani Hamilton, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen   
How Do You Sleep?      Sam Smith, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Savan Kotecha & Max Martin   
Track 4      Sam Smith, Max Martin, Ilya Salmanzadeh & Savan Kotecha   
To Die For      Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen   
Track 6      Sam Smith, Noonie Bao & Linus Wiklund   
Track 7      Sam Smith, Ben Ash & Amy Allen   
I Feel Love      Donna Summer, Pete Bellotte & Giorgio Moroder   
Track 9      Sam Smith & Labrinth   
Track 10      Sam Smith, Noonie Bao & Linus Wiklund   
Track 11      Sam Smith, Demi Lovato, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Savan Kotecha & Peter Svensson   
Track 12      Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen   
Promises      Sam Smith, Jessie Reyez & Adam Wiles   
Fire on Fire      Sam Smith & Steve Mac   
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on February 14, 2020, 06:14:26 PM
Track 1      Sam Smith & Steve Mac   
Dancing with a Stranger      Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Normani Hamilton, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen   
How Do You Sleep?      Sam Smith, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Savan Kotecha & Max Martin   
Track 4      Sam Smith, Max Martin, Ilya Salmanzadeh & Savan Kotecha   
To Die For      Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen   
Track 6      Sam Smith, Noonie Bao & Linus Wiklund   
Track 7      Sam Smith, Ben Ash & Amy Allen   
I Feel Love      Donna Summer, Pete Bellotte & Giorgio Moroder   
Track 9      Sam Smith & Labrinth   
Track 10      Sam Smith, Noonie Bao & Linus Wiklund   
Track 11      Sam Smith, Demi Lovato, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Savan Kotecha & Peter Svensson   
Track 12      Sam Smith, Jimmy Napes, Mikkel S. Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen   
Promises      Sam Smith, Jessie Reyez & Adam Wiles   
Fire on Fire      Sam Smith & Steve Mac   

Exciting. one more Max + Ilya + Savan track and another just Savan & Ilya track. should be good!

j.fco.morales

Written by Sam Smith, Demi Lovato, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh & Peter Svensson.

Produced by Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson & ILYA.

Very MEH to be honest.

melodicmoonlight

I love this, I think it's superb. I enjoy Smith's delivery more than Demi's - you can tell Demi was added on later - but the contrast between the verses and the uplifting chorus is so interesting, along with the choir background vocals. Melody is great in the pre-chorus, when you think the verses sound kinda dark and mysterious, it totally brightens up in the chorus. Great message

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 17, 2020, 02:43:03 AM
Written by Sam Smith, Demi Lovato, Savan Kotecha, Ilya Salmanzadeh & Peter Svensson.

Produced by Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson & ILYA.

Very MEH to be honest.
Since when has Peter Svensson been a Wolf Cousin? What happened to his band The Cardigans. Hasn't he done anything with them since? They were pretty much the "No Doubt" of Scandinavia.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on April 17, 2020, 08:02:44 AM
Since when has Peter Svensson been a Wolf Cousin?

He's not.

Quote from: McCartneyMartin on April 17, 2020, 08:02:44 AM
What happened to his band The Cardigans. Hasn't he done anything with them since? They were pretty much the "No Doubt" of Scandinavia.

They're on hiatus since 2005 and they perform every now and then. I saw them twice here in Chile but Peter doesn't go on tour.
Working at music promoters and being myself a tour manager, his decision makes total sense to me: traveling from city to city, staying out for weeks and not seeing your friends and family to perform is an exhausting work and songwriting and producing is more stable. When you get older your priorities change.

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvAKRoIDqU

Not sure if this was posted: Diamonds is the new single by Sam Smith, written by Oscar Holter, Sam Smith & Shellback.
Produced by OZGO and Shellback. Mixed by Serbhan Ghenea as always.

The album is announced and release date is October 30th.
Collaborators include Jimmy Napes, Labrinth, Ryan Tedder, Andrew Watt,Louis Bell, Ilya, Lotus IV, Two Inch Punch, Steve Mac, Stargate and Normani, whom are managed by the same person: Tim Blacksmith.

Great work I think. Not really feeling how the vocals are mixed but sounds really good and the project looks promising.