• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Looking for Max's nineties orch stabs/manic shots

Started by elvisish, June 18, 2014, 09:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elvisish

I've been search for years for this sample and I believe it comes from a discontinued Roland expansion card, which is also obsolete. I believe the instrument is called "manic shots" and he uses it on almost every brut net, BSB and nsync track at the end and beginning of most 8 bar measures. Is this the sample and can anyone hook me up with it? Thanks!

nznexus

yes manic shots comes from roland jv 2080 expansion

i have this sample for kontakt its sampled from the srjv expansion for kontakt
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Tano87

Hey nznexus..I've answered to ur pm. Waiting for a reply ;)
I hope u'll be able also to share the StringWheel...

nznexus

someone in this forum already has the stringwheel i dont know who but someone i am sure and i am not sure this person wants to share any cheiron sounds..

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Tano87

I imagine it :(
I've downloaded his rips but u can't really use them..

nznexus

nznexus

for max orch stabs get yourself emu proteus 2000 for kontakt or something its full of that 90s flavoured sounds

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/e-mu-proteus-pack

elvisish

Thanks for the link, do his orch hits not come from manic shits then, is it the proteus? Also, where can I get the hit separately, I really don't need 450mbs of samples, just the one orch hit max uses preferably?

Tano87

The atabs used in Baby One More Time and other songs are from Roland jv 2080 and I'm waiting for them to be ripped.
The E-mu got some used on Overprotected and Not A Girl drum set.

elvisish

Quote from: Tano87 on June 19, 2014, 09:44:08 AM
The atabs used in Baby One More Time and other songs are from Roland jv 2080 and I'm waiting for them to be ripped.
The E-mu got some used on Overprotected and Not A Girl drum set.

Yes, the Roland JV hits are the ones I'm looking for, is it just a simple sample that gets pitched, or is it a complex multisample? Either way, I'd love just this one particular sound.

nznexus

you can rip the roland jv hits from baby one more time instrumental

elvisish

Quote from: nznexus on June 19, 2014, 10:37:48 PM
you can rip the roland jv hits from baby one more time instrumental
They're processed though, aren't they?

Tano87

The one on Baby one more time is processed also the one on Roland have the right reverse and the lenght in the Roland one are different then the sample that you rip.

nznexus

Quote from: elvisish on June 20, 2014, 09:31:35 AM
They're processed though, aren't they?

get yourself nexus vst and there is all orch hits you need

i understand u want the real deal but the difference between these old samples and for example nexus isnt that big.

elvisish

Quote from: nznexus on June 20, 2014, 12:36:30 PM
get yourself nexus vst and there is all orch hits you need

i understand u want the real deal but the difference between these old samples and for example nexus isnt that big.
Really? I thought Cherion fans were pretty hardcore anal about this kinda thing, I know I am! I've heard orch hits from all kinds of devices but this particular one is really unique to me. I just wanted, lije, a single manicshots.wav, you know, just a quick render from someone's board, if it's not too much trouble, since the original was just one sample pitched, I think?