• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New Pink Song "Blow me one Last Kiss"

Started by Dominik, July 02, 2012, 10:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominik

Hey Guys,

the new Pink Song leaked as a Demo! Sounds pretty cool,
what do you guys think?

http://www.popjustice.com/songs/pink-blow-me-one-last-kiss/

turnaround

Here is the final version.

Not a big fan yet, but maybe it's a grower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqoHUFo1F4
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

I really like the song at first listen...GREAT!!!!

Axel

I'm not fully convinced yet. Maybe I was hoping for too much after the stellar Raise your Glass.

Raul_esp

Great song , It reminds me to ''Stronger'' of Kelly clarkson.

Joshua

Quote from: Axel on July 04, 2012, 03:23:43 PM
I'm not fully convinced yet. Maybe I was hoping for too much after the stellar Raise your Glass.

I'm with you there.

turnaround

Cool:

QuotePink has teamed up with producers Greg Kurstin (Lily Allen, Red Hot Chili Peppers), Max Martin (Britney Spears), Shellback, Billy Mann and Butch Walker for the collection.

The singer also collaborated with songwriter/producer Dan Wilson, who was behind Adele's megahit 'Someone Like You'.

The Truth About Love will be preceded by lead single 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)', which will be available to download in the UK from September 2.

To date, Pink has sold over 30 million albums, over 1 million DVDs, and nearly 20 million iTunes tracks worldwide.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a391730/pink-confirms-new-album-the-truth-about-love-release-date.html
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on July 05, 2012, 06:59:32 PM
Cool:

QuotePink has teamed up with producers Greg Kurstin (Lily Allen, Red Hot Chili Peppers), Max Martin (Britney Spears), Shellback, Billy Mann and Butch Walker for the collection.

The singer also collaborated with songwriter/producer Dan Wilson, who was behind Adele's megahit 'Someone Like You'.

The Truth About Love will be preceded by lead single 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)', which will be available to download in the UK from September 2.

To date, Pink has sold over 30 million albums, over 1 million DVDs, and nearly 20 million iTunes tracks worldwide.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a391730/pink-confirms-new-album-the-truth-about-love-release-date.html

Great news!

Axel

What I don't understand is.... why does the record industry block the possibility to buy the song from the point it premieres in radio? I mean, personally speaking, I would buy the song when it's new and fresh, not two months after I've been flooded by the song on the radio. Is it a strategic thing to build a fanbase of the song who then buys it in the same week, so it rockets to the top of the charts?

Goes a bit in the same direction as Raul's post in the Eurovision thread where the Euphoria video came out almost two months after the contest.

turnaround

Is it really released in the UK so late?

Australia and so many other countries have the song already, why would anyone want to wait until September in the UK.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Oh dear, maybe it's going to be another "Payphone" in the UK.

I think they used to release to radio first to build up demand so the physical single would sell decently when it was released weeks, or months later. Doesn't work so well anymore. Music videos could still be as useful if they weren't made so late in the piece, now they only seem to slightly boost existing sales as the hype is dying down. Video countdowns of the weeks sales are an impossibility now.

I think the whole digital era of the charts is a mess. Here in Australia there seems to be no classification of what a single is anymore. Album tracks can chart as singles for crying out loud! In our charts last week, the entire top five belonged to "The Voice" contestants. Four of those tracks weren't even official singles, just recordings released to iTunes. This week, 22 songs related to the show have suddenly vanished out of the top 100, and last weeks number 1 is now at 54. What a mess.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Joshua on July 06, 2012, 06:04:00 PM

I think the whole digital era of the charts is a mess. Here in Australia there seems to be no classification of what a single is anymore. Album tracks can chart as singles for crying out loud! In our charts last week, the entire top five belonged to "The Voice" contestants. Four of those tracks weren't even official singles, just recordings released to iTunes. This week, 22 songs related to the show have suddenly vanished out of the top 100, and last weeks number 1 is now at 54. What a mess.
I'm one of the people who strongly hate the digital era. It's a messy, unorganized era. And streaming... oh don't get me started on that idea!

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on July 08, 2012, 02:40:50 PM
Do you like this remix?

The remix isn't too bad, but the song as a whole is still the problem for me. I want to like it, but I just can't get into it at all. It's like they've really tried with the edgy lyrics and usual attitude, but there's nothing special to carry it whatsoever. It's so middle of the road for a lead single, I think.

turnaround

And I liked it..