• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

ICONA POP - "Light Me Up", "All Night" and album "This is..." with SHELLBACK

Started by Eddie Krommer, May 20, 2013, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

In The Stars (Galaxy Mix) (?) was released today on iTunes.

Sounds good. Too much reverb IMO but I like it. Sounds a bit like Shellback.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/icona-pop-in-the-stars-galaxy-mix-premiere/

Eddie Krommer

Raul_esp

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 04, 2013, 07:58:25 PM
In The Stars (Galaxy Mix) (?) was released today on iTunes.

Sounds good. Too much reverb IMO but I like it. Sounds a bit like Shellback.

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/icona-pop-in-the-stars-galaxy-mix-premiere/

Good song! , I like it.

Eddie Krommer

Hold On/Then We Kiss/Light Me Up... My MaxMartin/Shellback-dar detects something in those songs... But who knows...  ;D

turnaround

Quobuz features now producers/mixing credits, but not songwriting credits.

But Shellback is involved. "On a roll"  8)

http://www.qobuz.com/album/this-is-icona-pop-icona-pop/0075679949486

QuoteIcona Pop, Main Artist, Lead Vocals - Chris Gehringer, Masterer - John Hanes, Engineer - Kool Kojak, Keyboards - Kool Kojakvocals, Additional Producer - Noah "Mailbox" Passovoy, Engineer - Peter Svensson, Guitar - Peters Svensson, Additional Producer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - Shellback, Background Vocals, Producer, Programming & Keyboards - Tim Roberts, Engineer - Copyright : 2013 Record Company TEN AB under exclusive license Atlantic Records.
And I liked it..

Joshua

I was really sensing some Max/Shellback on the verse of "Just Another Night", but then the chorus totally threw me right off. "In the Stars" sounds like a real grower, I'll be picking the album up for a listen.

turnaround

And I liked it..

soundoffhear

Icona Pop's stuff stands out, not quite as much, in a similar way to how Ace of Base stuck out in the early 90's. They've got a good career in front of them for the next few years, attracting all these great writers.

Joshua

Quote from: soundoffhear on September 16, 2013, 03:49:02 AM
Icona Pop's stuff stands out, not quite as much, in a similar way to how Ace of Base stuck out in the early 90's. They've got a good career in front of them for the next few years, attracting all these great writers.

I agree, just as long as they can get things off the ground. So far everything they've done after "I Love It" has gone unnoticed, which is unfortunate. I hope the international album is what gets things going for them. I really like "All Night" and "Girlfriend".

Turnaround, the "%2a" in your "All Night" link shouldn't be there. :)

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I think they got stuck on the idea of the songs, they are getting annoying with the cheerleading kind of stuff on the verses and I'm starting to hate it.

Nice production though.

turnaround

And I liked it..

soundoffhear

For anyone who hasn't heard Icona Pop's song "Good For You" check that out immediately, it has the newer Max Martin production style all over it.