• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarmachine

I don't think the productions sounds outdated at all. The production for Style is a bit too similar to Love me harder imo.

EDIT: Wonderful, Blank Space, All you had to do was stay are my favorites after the first listen :)
Ryan Tedder's song I know Places kind of rips off You're The Voice by John Farnham.

turnaround

Btw, I can not yet comment on the album, I need a few more listens. But I hear some hits.

Fabulous: "All you had to to was stay"

It's sometimes very Avril-ish.

Off topic: I would love Max and Ryan Tedder to work for a song.

And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

Nothing on her record that was produced by Max sounds as epic as I Knew You Were Trouble or even 22 and We Are Never Getting Back Together!

The mood he made for her is kind of "retro" kind of 70's and not the usual him.

sweetmelody

After more listens...

Surefire Hits (in order)
1. Bad Blood
2. How You Get the Girl
3. All You Had to Do Was Stay
4. Blank Space

Possible Hits
1. Style
2. Wildest Dreams

Good album tracks
1. This Love
2. I Know Places
3. I Wish You Would

Not a fan
1. Out Of the Woods
2. Welcome to New York
3. Clean

turnaround

Incredible:

And "Blank space" seems to really be a favourite of many people so far? Wikipedia says it's single #2.

And I liked it..

turnaround

What's the best time to visit New York? I wanna go.  8)

@sweetmelody:

I pretty much agree with your ranking, though I would put "Out of the woods" better.

Have you heard the deluxe tracks?

I'm not a fan of "New Romantics". Very generic.
"Wonderland" is quite nice though, but probably a good choice for a bonus track.
And I liked it..

maxmartin'sfan

This album is just..WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  !!!!!

Adam B

I had a listen and it really sounds like an album, most tracks have the same sound and there seems to be a lot of work behind every track. Don't really feel they are looking for lots of hits but rather wanted to put out something with some thought behind it, something that feels like a group of tracks belonging together.

However I think the mixing is way too bland, nothing sticks out and that makes me lose interest to some extent -especially when taylor doesn't have that voice that can carry a track by itself. Another thing that struck me was that the level is kinda low, a lot lower than it would have been some years ago.. Maybe that's a good thing.

My favourite so far is Blank Space.

J_A24

Quote from: Adam B on October 28, 2014, 12:29:38 AM

However I think the mixing is way too bland, nothing sticks out and that makes me lose interest to some extent -especially when taylor doesn't have that voice that can carry a track by itself.

Lots of reverb will do that. I'd still would've liked the synths to sound more present, but you gotta sacrifice some of that to make it sound bigger.

georg_e

Pretty amazing, when everyone is saying albums are finished, nobody cares, don't bother, people only want singles, etc etc that Taylor is getting all this press for this album....and no doubt a lot of sales. Quite an achievement!!

Adam B

Quote from: J_A24 on October 28, 2014, 01:11:49 AM
Lots of reverb will do that. I'd still would've liked the synths to sound more present, but you gotta sacrifice some of that to make it sound bigger.

Didn't think of it but you're 100% correct -there's A LOT OF REVERB on this on this one! Trance amounts.. Still they haven't gone for that huge sound, most stuff's in the middle. Must have been a very conscious decision.

Serban Ghenea mixes most of the dr luke/max martin stuff and he's usually on point but here I really would have liked the vocals more upfront and the mix a little more limited..

Adam B

ok, I had another go at the album and that reverb is everywhere..!  :-\

I think Taylor went to martin and asked for something that sounds like 'royals' -he said "sure I'll just dial up my 480.."
Just that he turned it up way too much.

Here'e something else for reverb-lovers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dFz10R529g

melodicmoonlight

i bought the album at Target today. i love the inclusion of the 3 voice memos - wish she recorded more! I listened to them first before listening to their respective studio versions... the Tedder song is really nice actually. her vocals at the very end are great. it's nice knowing Taylor really is a prominent part of the lyrics and melodies of these songs. it gives the album the full package. like they're not just catchy songs; they're coming from this girl's mind. pair that with Max/Shellback production and it's heaven.

Wildest Dreams is fantastic. her voice is really lovely when she's not pushing it - and the production is so blissful. the lyrical content really reminds me of Lana Del Rey. this is a standout along with Blank Space (that chorus is undeniable) and Style. the pulsating rhythm and lyrics, melody, her vocals.

quite a few of these songs (Bad Blood and All You Had To Do Was Stay) sound like Avril i noticed. but that ain't a bad thing... just makes me wish Avril did an album exec-produced by Max haha.

The Imogen Heap track is nice. only listened to it once but I can appreciate the production and immi's bg vocals. just the first day of listening to the album but this one will stay fresh for a while.

sweetmelody

Quote from: turnaround on October 27, 2014, 10:04:18 PM
What's the best time to visit New York? I wanna go.  8)

@sweetmelody:

I pretty much agree with your ranking, though I would put "Out of the woods" better.

Have you heard the deluxe tracks?

I'm not a fan of "New Romantics". Very generic.
"Wonderland" is quite nice though, but probably a good choice for a bonus track.

Best time to visit New York? ALL the time! Each season brings something special, so just find the cheapest tickets and hotels and Enjoy! :-)

I have heard the deluxe tracks and they are just OK to me, even the MXM/SB ones.