• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

"Wonderland" currently my favourite. It's so brilliant!!
And I liked it..

sweetmelody

It's official: 1.287 million first week sales. Wow.

To put it into perspective, I have compiled these facts:

- It becomes the first album released this year to sell a million copies.
- Only 18 albums have sold a million copies in a week previously. Count that... 18.
- Only 6 albums have sold more than in the first week than 1989. Count that... 6. See them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest-selling_albums
- The most ever albums sold in the first week by a female act is 1.319 million copies by Britney Spears' Oops! ... I Did It Again in 2000.
- Swift sold 470,000 copies of 1989 at Target, which carried a deluxe edition of the album with six additional tracks. In other words, Swift sold more copies of her album at Target than the year's next-highest debut — Coldplay's Ghost Stories, with 383,000 — sold everywhere.

Incredible.

Some of the above info was sourced from here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/11/04/taylor-swift-first-week-million-sales/18480613/

melodicmoonlight

Rebecca

Incredible news for Taylor!
and looking at the first week sales in USA, 7 out of 10 are Max related!

1    2000    No Strings Attached    *NSYNC    2,415,859    
2    2001    Celebrity    *NSYNC    1,879,955                           
3    2000    The Marshall Mathers LP    Eminem    1,760,049    
4    2000    Black & Blue    Backstreet Boys    1,591,191    
5    2002    The Eminem Show    Eminem    1,321,799           
6    2000    Oops!... I Did It Again    Britney Spears    1,319,193    
7    2014    1989    Taylor Swift    1,287,000    
8    2012    Red    Taylor Swift    1,208,000    
9    2005    The Massacre    50 Cent    1,140,638    
10    1999    Millennium    Backstreet Boys    1,133,505    

turnaround

Fabulous. Congrats Max!

Btw, the sales for No Strings attached are incredible.

I like all these stats and facts. Thanks for sharing!!!!
And I liked it..

J_A24

The marketing campaign for No Strings Attached was incredible and it sure helped to have such a massive first single and a great follow up in "It's gonna be me".

NSync was everywhere around the corner and on TV.

Rex

If that Nsync's album is the fastest selling, why everybody says it was "The Marshall Mathers LP"?

sweetmelody

Quote from: Rex on November 07, 2014, 05:08:39 PM
If that Nsync's album is the fastest selling, why everybody says it was "The Marshall Mathers LP"?

The eminem album was the last one to sell that much.

Jules

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on November 05, 2014, 06:44:25 AM
she's gonna be around for decades

LOOOOL hahahaha! XD
I'm laughing so hard right now!! ;D
I loooove these mega-hyped fangirling super-exaggerations SO much!!

This is exactly what Gaga's Little Monsters used to say and were SO sure of after "Fame Monster". And where is she now?  :-X  Cheek to cheek with some old guy but nowhere to be seen either in the radio nor near the top of the charts.  :-X :-X

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Jules on November 09, 2014, 04:02:23 PM
LOOOOL hahahaha! XD

This is exactly what Gaga's Little Monsters used to say and were SO sure of after "Fame Monster". And where is she now?  :-X  Cheek to cheek with some old guy but nowhere to be seen either in the radio nor near the top of the charts.  :-X :-X

And your replying in the same way.
We don't need this in the forum Jules, really.

Jules

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 09, 2014, 05:31:42 PM
And your replying in the same way.
We don't need this in the forum Jules, really.

Yes we do need this in the forum, j.fco, really.

Aren't you listening to me? I told you before: people do have different opinions and they need to discuss them.
This forum doesn't have YOUR opinion only. :-*

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Jules on November 09, 2014, 04:02:23 PM
LOOOOL hahahaha! XD

fair enough. i'll see you back here in 2034

j.fco.morales

I'm respectful when you have an interesting approach about a topic -and you do- but unfortunately, this is not the case.

Laughing at someone is not cool, and that Gaga mention... we're not 14 years old. That's it.

About the thread: am I the only one who's not really into 1989?

Eddie Krommer

You're no the only one j.fco. I find out really annoying that everywhere on the Internet there's something about Taylor, specially on Billboard, her unofficial sponsor.

1989 is a good album, but nothing new or that is going to change the industry. It's important because pop albums this year were lame in sells, just that.