• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max/Luke/Bonnie....."Vacation", "Show Me What You Got", "Wild Wild Love" G.R.L.

Started by georg_e, June 18, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

Quote from: georg_e on February 05, 2014, 12:25:40 AM
             God this song is like drugs without the health risk......when that second part of the chorus hits with that 'surge'.........aggggh....ecstasy!!!! 
Not ashamed to say this song makes me cry...the way really euphoric songs can make you cry......just the beauty of life....certain chord progressions/melodies.....I  live for this feeling.........

I so agree with you! I feel the same, it's such an amazing song!

turnaround

It's pop perfection. And very innovative. So many cool ideas in the melody. Contrast-ful. Love it a lot.
And I liked it..

georg_e

For me it's that R&B element in the singing, melody phrasing that really does it.....this song could cross over to that part of radio....it's a groove!!

Jules

New version of "Show Me What You Got" released to iTunes!
(supposedly "new" lol)

Links:
iTunes US
G.R.L. facebook post

...couldn't really figure out how it's different from the first listen, except that it's 8 seconds shorter. lol  ???

Jules

Quote from: Jules on February 19, 2014, 04:51:18 PM
...couldn't really figure out how it's different from the first listen, except that it's 8 seconds shorter. lol  ???

OMG how lame!  >:(

So I figured out what the "new" thing is:

On the version from the "NOW That's What I Call Music" sampler there is that short oriental "aaa-aaaay/ooo-oooooh"-bridge-part at 1:09 - 1:18 between the first chorus and the 2nd verse.
They cut that part out in the "new" version. Really, and that's what I just spend a dollar fuckin twentynine on?  :o >:(

Guess they had to do that in order to be able to release it as a single, cause the other version is probably licensed exclusively to "NOW That's What I Call Music".

turnaround

"Show me what u got" is soon also realeased in Germany. You should have waited :D
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on February 19, 2014, 06:36:05 PM
"Show me what u got" is soon also realeased in Germany. You should have waited :D

I guess even in Germany the file isn't free of charge.  :P

turnaround

You could have listened to spotify to realise it's not needed to buy this version.
And I liked it..

turnaround

BTW:

'Wild Wild Love'

Quote"Wild Wild Love" follows previous single "Show Me What You Got," produced by Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald (Rihanna, Miley Cyrus), Henry "Cirkut" Walter (Karmin, Adam Lambert) and Jacob Kasher (Selena Gomez, Kylie Minogue).

http://hamadamania.com/2014/02/19/g-r-l-announce-new-single-wild-wild-love

And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on February 19, 2014, 07:13:46 PM
You could have listened to spotify to realise it's not needed to buy this version.

I boycott Spotify.  8)

Jules

turnaround

Seriously. Everything they released so far is great.
I don't care about Pitbull as long as we get such beautiful pop chorus'.

This sounds like a Max hook! Masterpiece.
And I liked it..

J_A24

I like that pop/folk/urban mix, the second half of the chorus hits hard, love the production. And the songwriting captivates a certain authenticity that fits well with the whole folk thing. It's close to the melody of Last Goodbye by Ke$ha; Ammar Malik is credited on both songs.

J_A24

Quote from: Jules on February 19, 2014, 07:58:49 PM
Seriously? -.-
Isn't the Pitbull train departing EVER? -.-

I hear you, but I also give credit to Pitbull for being able to build his brand. He's worked with the right people every step of the way. He's done very smart moves to get where he is.

I.E: Working with both J-LO and Marc Anthony short after their highly publicized divorce.