• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Adele - new album with single by Max Martin

Started by uberweiss, August 27, 2015, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

It wasn't a good idea to put them together, actually. High hopes all over the place.

Linda Perry would have been a perfect collaborator or a country based songwriter.
Just think about Labrinth writing the amazing Jealous with Josh Kear and Natalie Hemby.

Tracklist:
Hello | Adele Adkins & Greg Kurstin
Send My Love (To Your New Lover) | Adele Adkins, Max Martin & Shellback
I Miss You | Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth
When We Were Young | Adele Adkins & Tobias Jesso Jr.
Remedy | Adele Adkins & Ryan Tedder
Water Under the Bridge | Adele Adkins & Greg Kurstin
River Lea | Adele Adkins & Brian Burton
Love In the Dark | Adele Adkins & Samuel Dixon
Million Years Ago | Adele Adkins & Greg Kurstin
All I Ask | Adele Adkins, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence & Christopher "Brody" Brown
Sweetest Devotion | Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth

turnaround

Send My Love (To Your New Lover) was also discussed to be the first single.
She mentions Max in the Beat 1 interview on iTunes.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I am currently listening the album.
I'm not impressed.

bugmenot

Send My Love don't sounds uptempo song to me, as promised

georg_e

I admire that Adele has decided not to stream the album. Because she's proving that if the music is good enough to make gazillions of people want it........they WILL go out and BUY it!  Kinda like the music industry used to be, hmmm?

bugmenot

that music is not good enough, I don't want to sound bitter.
I think labels decided to leave stream services, not artists.

turnaround

Adele: composer, vocals, backing vocals & guitar
Max Martin: composer, producer, backing vocals
Shellback: composer, producer, programming and percussion

And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

j.fco.morales

Sometimes I get lost about the recordings: sometimes they record on LA, sometimes on STHLM, sometimes in London... damn!

Where is Max based right now? LA?

sonnyblack2000

Buying music is an old model of consuming music, its a last ditch effort from the artist and label at a cash grab the old school way. Leaving the album off the streaming platforms is a mistake. You want listens not sales. Sure the payment is screwed up right now but that s mostly the labels fault and it will change and once everyone is on the streaming platforms there ll be more money and better data then ever before.

georg_e

Quote from: sonnyblack2000 on November 21, 2015, 07:36:03 PM
Buying music is an old model of consuming music, its a last ditch effort from the artist and label at a cash grab the old school way. Leaving the album off the streaming platforms is a mistake. You want listens not sales. Sure the payment is screwed up right now but that s mostly the labels fault and it will change and once everyone is on the streaming platforms there ll be more money and better data then ever before.
We shall see. But why is "buying music" outdated in the first place? Because the industry made the mistake of starting to give it away for free in the first place!  Before that, did people have the option of getting "free" CD's instead of paying for them? Of course not!  But they've made it so easy to get everything free, of COURSE people get used to that, and start DEMANDING it even.  If streaming is really ever gonna work, they're gonna have to shut off -- completely-- this whole giant system of free distribution, INCLUDING YouTube.  People will yell and scream, but too bad! Do they give food away free? People want music, let 'em pay for it again. Not saying I don't take advantage of the free stuff too, because I do. But I'd gladly give up that convenience and go back to the old way of if I wanted to hear a song I loved on the radio whenever I wanted to, then I had to BUY it. It wasn't such a terrible system: in fact, it was more exciting that way, instead of everything being handed you in an endless tsunami.
PS "All about listens" doesn't put money on songwriters bank accounts. (see the story of the "All About That Bass" songwriter). They keep saying, hold on, it will EVENTUALLY, but we shall see....

PPS Which do you think is gonna generate more money for songwriter and artist: the "New Model", or
this ? :-)   http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/148605

j.fco.morales

Streaming is not a industry based business model: is a response to 40 years of a model of abusive consumption.

The labels made lots of money all these years.
People got tired of abusive prices and other people found a way to make money out of it and build their empires.

Digital revolution, basically.

Oroz

Quote from: georg_e on November 21, 2015, 08:06:05 PM
We shall see. But why is "buying music" outdated in the first place? Because the industry made the mistake of starting to give it away for free in the first place!  Before that, did people have the option of getting "free" CD's instead of paying for them? Of course not!  But they've made it so easy to get everything free, of COURSE people get used to that, and start DEMANDING it even.  If streaming is really ever gonna work, they're gonna have to shut off -- completely-- this whole giant system of free distribution, INCLUDING YouTube.  People will yell and scream, but too bad! Do they give food away free? People want music, let 'em pay for it again. Not saying I don't take advantage of the free stuff too, because I do. But I'd gladly give up that convenience and go back to the old way of if I wanted to hear a song I loved on the radio whenever I wanted to, then I had to BUY it. It wasn't such a terrible system: in fact, it was more exciting that way, instead of everything being handed you in an endless tsunami.
PS "All about listens" doesn't put money on songwriters bank accounts. (see the story of the "All About That Bass" songwriter). They keep saying, hold on, it will EVENTUALLY, but we shall see....

PPS Which do you think is gonna generate more money for songwriter and artist: the "New Model", or
this ? :-)   http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/148605

Right On! Best regards.

Oroz

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 22, 2015, 05:07:52 PM
Streaming is not a industry based business model: is a response to 40 years of a model of abusive consumption.

The labels made lots of money all these years.
People got tired of abusive prices and other people found a way to make money out of it and build their empires.

Digital revolution, basically.

Respectfully disagree. As a composer myself I can say streaming is screwing the composers, not the labels. So no digital revolution whatsoever. All the contrary. People are not paying for music.