• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

K. Clarkson on re-writing "My Life Would Suck"

Started by georg_e, November 06, 2011, 12:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

I  thought this was really funny.....from "SongFacts Magazine"  Kelly Clarkson talks about re-writing lyrics on "My  Life Would Suck" :)

Kelly considers the song to be both her favorite and least favorite single. She explained to SameSame.com.au: "It's my least favorite because when I first heard it, it did not sound like what it sounds like now, and I really had to fight to make that song better than it was, but when I first heard it, it was nothing I would say, the verses were like 'I saw you smoking pot and I thought that was cool' (she sings) and I was like... What? I didn't even get it, it was trying so hard to be edgy and cool that I wanted to vomit! I didn't really like it at all. But Luke, Claude and Max (Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly, Max Martin) were cool with me having a hand in that. It ended up being one of my favorites now to perform live because everybody gets up for that song. And it's a great song now, it's a fun song."

turnaround

Hopefully one day this original version will be released. It must be very different from the real version, very poppy too. Luckily Max and Kelly got together eventually.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

wow, what crazy lyrics "I saw you smoking pot and I thought that was cool' - hilarious!

bugmenot

QuoteThere's a lot of times in my career where you don't see my name on a song... sometimes I don't write them, but a lot of times I do change the song in a way that you probably should ask for credit, but I don't because the song was already great, I just made it more me.

So, if I deserve it, I usually ask, and I did deserve it on that song because I changed it a bit.

I was so frustrated because I literally said, 'Anyone in the world but this one person. I will work with anyone you want to put in my path,' like, I love people, but it was just this one thing and I asked to not work with Dr. Luke, just because I had not a good experience working with him. It was just one thing, and they just wouldn't even give it to me.

They brought up writing credit at the end because they were like, 'Well, you changed the song.' And I was like, 'I don't want my name near his. I want to pretend this didn't happen in my life, and I wanna forget it. I mean God, there's hundreds of thousands of dollars gone because of that. You know what I'm saying? Or millions, because that song was huge.

Kelly Clarkson Says She Lost 'Millions' Because of Dr. Luke

So she thinks that deleting two lines about smoking pot is worth millions...

j.fco.morales

Quote from: bugmenot on September 14, 2017, 03:16:59 PM
Kelly Clarkson Says She Lost 'Millions' Because of Dr. Luke

So she thinks that deleting two lines about smoking pot is worth millions...

Well, that's what an artist do: make the song its own.
She nailed and it is a great song.

melodicmoonlight

I'll refresh everyone's memory with this straight-from-the-horse's-mouth clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgCNfet_ry0

I find it interesting when an artist speaks badly about a producer who is responsible for their career success.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on September 18, 2017, 02:34:25 AM
I'll refresh everyone's memory with this straight-from-the-horse's-mouth clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgCNfet_ry0

I find it interesting when an artist speaks badly about a producer who is responsible for their career success.

Well, she wasn't really an established artist when she recorded the song, but producers DOESN'T MAKE THE ARTIST.
It helps, but producer doesn't "build" artists, maybe help developing...

bugmenot

You are right.
Kelly also speaks badly about people who build her as artist.

I think people under 30 should be banned from fame and easy money.