• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Background vocals

Started by turnaround, May 25, 2007, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson"It's funny how some people just don't know. :?
I think noone can actually make a decision if one song is better than another, cause it's all about taste.
If 10 people like this song better, and 5 like that song better, it doesn't mean that the first song is in fact better. Luckily tastes differ.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Rebecca"I'm not a musician, it's just what I think as a fan.
Doesn't mean that you can't hear and/or notice things just as fine...  :wink:

jarle

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson":idea: Jarle, in "Do me baby" that's Andreas Carlsson's voice on the solo 'Do me baby cause I wan't to break it down, there is no way that I can take it no more, uh uh, I know I'm not mistaking, a million heart's are breakin, I don't care if we can't do it right now, uh uh'... He also does a similar solo in Amanda's "Can't stop my love" which he also wrote the lyrics to. Also, in Five's "Partyline 555-on-line", Andreas sings the whole chorus, listen and compare... Max Martin has a very deep singing voice, listen to E-Type's "Russian Lullaby" or Five's "It's the things you do" and you will hear Max. :wink:

Are you sure?? It definitely doesn't sound like Andreas to me. :oops:

Tommy Nelson

:D Jarle, (and everyone else...), I'm not here to argue with anyone about who's singing or not, or about personal taste in music, (Jules...). In this case I do know it is Andreas Carlsson's voice on that song, no doubt 100%. I have been listning to Andreas sing for so many years and was shocked to hear that someone thought that his (Andreas's) voice was Max Martin's instead. Max does sing ALOT on many songs he's not even listed as a singer on. Max has a very deep singing voice, very far from the voice heard in "Do me baby". That's Andreas, he always sings with his unmistakable spunky flavor and attitude, that's his trademark! If you listen to the other songs I mentioned before you'll hear what I mean and get to know his voice. Maybe it's possible... when you hear Andreas's voice on a song you think that's Max singing? If you really know Max's voice you'll be able to pick him out of the mix in many songs. Here are a few more good examples of how Max's voice sounds. :wink:

Ace of Base - "Beautiful Life"... After the break on the (outro) chorus, Max sings with a deep voice 'It's - a - beautiful life', 'It's - a - beautiful life', plus he harmonized with the other singers till the end of the song.
E-Type - "Russian lullaby" Max sings the chorus mostly himself.
Army of Lovers - "King Midas" Max sings on the chorus.
Papa Dee - The Journey, I surrender, Angel. Max sings on the chorus.

jarle

I guess you're right then :)

andrea

you can hear very well andreas carlsson on 'frequency' by duncan james :wink:

edit: and who tells 'don't don't want you back' at the beginning of 'don't want you back' by backstreet boys?? :lol:

Tommy Nelson

:D That's Max! He sings alot in that song. Also, Andreas Carlsson and Anders Von Hoffsten do some backup with him as well. Great vocals from all of BSB and the rest of the backing singers on that song.

Linda

and on 5ive's song "Everybody get up" .. is it Max singing 1, 2, 3, 4 in the chorus?? or is that somebody else?

Tommy Nelson

:D Yep! You got it Linda! That's Max counting. He does ALOT of stuff like that. He's also the one counting down '5 4 3 2 1 ignition' in E-Type's "Here I go again".

Also, Max sings alot on Five's "Don't you want it" w/Andreas too.

Linda

nice one .. I had a feeling it was him.. his voice is very distinct :D

turnaround

Fabulous! I must think of other songs I might wondering who sings what.
And I liked it..

andrea

you can hear well max doing '1, 2, 3, 4' on 'everybody get up'  :lol:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7d72hg

turnaround

Thanks.
I must say I am really fascinated by the work of background vocals and notice that I focus and it quite often these days when listening a song and trying to get the "formula"..

Good background vocals really make such a difference!!

I guess it is not easy to be a background vocalist.
You may not sound very unique I guess and can't have your own style.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

wow, okay, this will give me just another reason to listen to those songs again!

Linda

yea me too.. i'm re-listening to everything :D