• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Music publishing companies

Started by royeei, February 13, 2013, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royeei

can you write few words on how long it took you to get the meeting? and about the meeting itself      ( what was going on in the room,how long, was it coast money, etc)? 

georg_e

Quote from: royeei on February 15, 2013, 08:13:14 PM
can you write few words on how long it took you to get the meeting? and about the meeting itself      ( what was going on in the room,how long, was it coast money, etc)?
Hey Royeei,

Took a LONG time to get each meeting....like pulling teeth.  But each one lasted @ half hour, played my stuff, and I had a specific goal, which was to get him to hook me up with a producer to write with. (Not a specific producer, just someone he might think would work well with me).  This was going great, he had some ideas, promised me we'd get it together, until when I followed up later about it.........he had left BMI, without any forwarding info. grrrrrrr :-(     Weirdly enough, now a few years later he's in LA , kinda in the Dr. Luke clique (he's Becky G's manager).   

But no, there's absolutely NO money involved!!

For the rest, if you decide to do it, I'd say just research them and call them and see how it goes.  Hope I've helped a little
:-)

royeei

Thanks,
One last thing, do you know if I should try with SESAC and PRS as well?

Do you have any experience with MySpace?

georg_e

Quote from: royeei on February 16, 2013, 12:48:11 AM
Thanks,
One last thing, do you know if I should try with SESAC and PRS as well?

Do you have any experience with MySpace?
SESAC you have to actually apply to join -- they won't see you otherwise.  Don't know anything about PRS, and MySpace......................DEAD, lol   :-D

wiik

Quote from: Dominik on February 14, 2013, 09:25:35 AM
When I got my first 3-4 bigger cuts for artists I was much easier be heard and also somehow
the A&R's liked songs from me that they rejected months ago just because I had something
on the map. Some kind of psychology.

This is really where it's at. Probably because music is so subjective, trend sensitive and what's hot changes all the time. A lot of the time this leaves the publisher's A&R without much of a clue. And it is easy to get your mind clouded by big industry names, even if the song/production is not that great...