• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - current album "evermore" (no Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, August 23, 2017, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUUnLixsFQ

Taylor Swift talks music, politics and life with Radio 1's Clara Amfo

She's going to re-record her entire catalogue.

j.fco.morales

There were rumours about re-recording and she confirmed she will do it.

That's all.

B Steady

When I heard The Man and Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince I thought Max Martin made it to the album after all. These are the stand-outs in my opinion.
Paper Rings is also very well crafted and super catchy.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/16/770318649/taylor-swift-tiny-desk-concert

Taylor did a NPR Tiny Desk Concert.
She talked about the songs and performed acoustically, closely to how she wrote those.

Love it. Smart girl.

bugmenot

From comments:
QuoteComing from a linguistic perspective, it sounds like she's "uptalking" in her melodies, a linguistic phenomenon which is typical for her demographic. Perhaps an interesting example of the language-music connection.

https://twitter.com/Komaniecki_R/status/1186803226273812480

j.fco.morales

Yep. Absolutely agree. All the same.

After the Tiny Desk I was thinking about the production choices and Taylor doing the same all over and over and over and over again.
The Man could have been "How To Get The Girl" from 1989, basically. A rewrite.

Basically that's the importance of the producers and collaborators: the sound.

bugmenot

The second verse in Death by a Thousand Cuts is the bridge from Out of the Woods.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: getawaydriver on December 15, 2020, 03:00:04 AM
One of Max's new MXM signees, Elvira, remixed Taylor's latest single.

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/2NnrAdjE9cPdMklonMBuAv?si=CuP-tQXRRMS1Yqt7aOwiCw[/spotify]

When I heard Willow the first time I thought it was a pretty pop song but with a different approach to the arrangements.
And this remix proves the importance of arrangement and production.

nanofives

Sounds like she kept the instrumental of 22 but changed the guitar on I Knew You Were Trouble.

bugmenot

100 bonus songs, cool, I hope maybe some of them are by mm & shellback.
I don't like vocal in the snippets, lazy

nanofives

Why would she release this ahead of RED's album next month?
If this is any indication on what she has done with Max/Shellback songs then it's very underwhelming and I don't want to hype none of these re-recorded songs.
I wonder if Shellback did produce this or is it because it's reusing elements from the original production done by him... but she scrapped Max elements therefore he's not credited.
Maybe too much speculation for a song that practically sounds the same to the original with very minimal changes.

j.fco.morales

Her voice matured. A lot.

I understand the point of re-record her catalogue and I see this with no commercial purpose. It's more a statement.

melodicmoonlight

Yeah, this is still nice, even though it's not as "sharp" as the original. It has more of Taylor's stamp on it, especially the more mature vocals.

Even though these re-releases are geared at taking away streams from the original masters, of which she is not an owner, it's definitely also a statement about just how much she values ownership in the music business. Also, it must be fun to get to re-imagine your songs and basically cover yourself.

I'm excited for Red but even moreso 1989.