• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Jorgen interview

Started by nznexus, May 05, 2013, 05:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

i have a very special jorgen interview, and also its in swedish,
if you want i can take pictures out of it, or translate it for you.

anyway, even more amazing is, we live in the same place (stockholm) but what makes more amazing is that the super producers  lives so close to me..

i read the whole interview and it was very detailed on many stuff like what he uses and plugins and so on.

if u are interested let me know please!

i took a pic
http://i40.tinypic.com/315di80.jpg
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

Wow, I'm so interested!! It would be great if you could translate and post pictures. :D
And I liked it..

nznexus

jorgen tells that he wasnt interested in music before 13 age..

he spent his time writing and painting, went outside, but didnt make music.

but on the other side there were many people trying to get him into music, he remembers.

he met a guy called pelle that introduced him into jazz. he liked it

way later, in 1987 after years of working at factory he went to the bank and took a loan of 7000 $

he would spend everything on music.

it was when he wrote a song for carola, it bring him sucess, and he got signed to universal and made him move over to stockholm.
in stockholm he worked for cheiron and rest is a story.
the most sucessful song jorgen wrote was britney spears sometimes, that made over 25 million for him.

when asked how he produces, he often sits with a guitar and something he dreamt of at night, like a harmony or something like that.

a song comes out of nowhere he said, he hears it inside himself.

the more u spend time with this, the better u get outside from u into the material world , he said.
he said that... most importantly is energy coming out of your tracks. that is much important, this is here where u learn.

he usually writes the chorus first, because he says its what u ususally hear. its important
many songs die when the chorus plays.
sometimes the verses are shorter, more chopped, but longer in the choruses.

jorgens favourite reverb is tc electronic 6000, its his absoulute favourite when it comes to reverb.
he also has a yamaha s90 es, when he writes songs for the world stars.

the most songs he writes, he mixes himself.

i will write more later.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

Excellent, lots to learn from Mr. Elofsson. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, my brain buzzing with a brilliant tune. But for the life of me I can't remember it when I wake up, and I'm too out of it to get up and record it during the night.

B Steady

Quote from: nznexus on May 06, 2013, 03:19:23 AM

the most sucessful song jorgen wrote was britney spears sometimes, that made over 25 million for him.

this is insane! thank you very much for the translation!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Thank you so much nznexus!

He is really fascinating.

I am still amazed that he dreamed the melody of "La Promesa".

Sometimes I also dream melodies that I feel are super catchy. But when I wake up I can't remember then.

Really annoying.  ;D
And I liked it..

Raul_esp

Woww , great interview , it's really interesting when someone dreams melodies , I do it too but I dont remember anyhing after , The melodies are really amazing , a pity , I think that the genius like Jorgen have a special capacity for remember it.

B Steady

so y'all telling me you're dreaming melodies?? I can't remember doing this ... neither can I imagine dreaming melodies.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on May 06, 2013, 02:31:22 PM
so y'all telling me you're dreaming melodies?? I can't remember doing this ... neither can I imagine dreaming melodies.
Yes , I do ,  when I'm fallin in dream , in the begining.

nznexus

some more about jorgen..

jorgen likes to co operate..
sometimes the artist tell him what they want in a song.

a favourite of jorgen is motu bpm, a drum machine. its simple to work with..
better then ez drummer.
u got ready loops, but u can change the sounds he said.
another favourite synth is yamaha s90 es.

he found it for many years ago and he uses it for piano sounds.
he says he does not like the piano plugins, they are too thin and boring..
but this synth has saved so many times. it has a body and a tone..

for his vocals, he have a special chain that gives him a sound he does not want to be without.
its not just some plugins.

he has a  korby microphone that a guy in LA sold him.
also have a microphone called u67 he uses most on vocals.

he uses compressors from 1176, UREI. which is a classic.
jorgen mentions that the plugins are good but the hardware is better.
he also has a teletronix la2, a limiter that gives warmth, and then an avalon ad 2055 eq that he can use.

HERE IS HIS top 5 plugins from his studio.
1. autotune.
he says he have melodyne in studio, only if  he needs
2. waves SSL plugs.
he sometimes uses them instead of his mixing ssl console
3.m2000 and m4000
often on pianos, a compressor. and for drums
4. super tap from waves
he uses it on strings, so the sound gets more rounder.
RVOX waves
great for vocals, it gives energy to the songs

when i have time, i will scan the pictures and post them here.

Joshua

Thanks so much nz, this stuff is invaluable, I'm taking notes. :)

Rebecca

Thank you so much for translating that nznexus, it is very interesting!

That's amazing everyone's dreaming melodies here! I never have.