• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

what daw does max martin use?

Started by nznexus, March 25, 2013, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

what digital audio workstation does he use? Is it pro tools hd? .. have he always used protools when he made music?
even back in 1999?

also.. why is he using pro tools if he is using it? what is the advantages. have he used logic or cubase, nuendo and studio one?

well i mean i have tried pro tools but found that it might be not my daw of choise, but im wondering why the PROS are using PROtools.

is it because denniz pop used pro tools back in the days?
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Max has used Pro Tools since his early Cheiron days, exactly how early I don't know, but definitely his late 90's work was done with Pro Tools. He still uses it (as we've seen with screen captures of sessions), and it's probably mainly down to sticking with what he knows. No doubt he was probably the one who got Luke into it as well. It was always seen in the industry as being the most stable DAW, especially with it's hardware support. It's still considered the industry standard, but there are so many alternatives now that it's not exactly necessary. In my opinion, Pro Tools has it's strengths and weaknesses (like all DAW's), and depending on what you want to do with your production, it can be just as much a disadvantage as it is an asset. I know a lot of people find it the best for jobs that are edit heavy (a lot of splicing, moving, syncing etc), such as radio promo imaging... but say you were to work with mainly MIDI based projects, you'd probably consider something like Cubase or Sonar instead. Whatever helps spark your creativity while being best suited to your workflow is the way to go, so it's important not to go in any one direction until you look at the benefits of each. I honestly think the industry still loves Pro Tools mainly for it's stability, and knowing that it's the standard means being able to work with your projects in major studios anywhere in the world. It's the same with Avid in video editing, though just in the past few years that has started to change as well.

LG

They use Pro Tools at Maratone and all the common known plugins, real instruments such as guitars and through other producers some rare synths (Benny Blanco, Dr. Luke)