• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bonnie McKee "American Girl"

Started by turnaround, December 29, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Actually I think is co-produced by Cirkut, just because of the sounds the FXs in the guitars.

max_martin_fan

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on May 29, 2013, 03:08:36 PM
The verse sounds a lot like the verse in Jesse's Girl

good catch. the verse and the chorus too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9GjbbueHo

the song is great anyways

Joshua

Quote from: B Steady on June 29, 2013, 01:10:27 PM
See I've been waiting all day
For you to call me baby
So let's get up, let's get on it
Don't you leave me broken hearted tonight

:D

You forgot my favourite part, "Come on, that's right, cheerio" ::)

Joshua

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 09:51:20 PM
Klas is like:

"I hate him, he's so good."

Hahaha, his face totally looks like he's thinking that... or maybe the song is sounding disastrous and everyone's too afraid to tell him.

B Steady

Quote from: Joshua on June 30, 2013, 10:17:07 AM
You forgot my favourite part, "Come on, that's right, cheerio" ::)

Hahaha I know it's your favorite part! :D
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Quote from: Elias on June 29, 2013, 11:35:26 PM
HAHA! ;D

Fun fact:  Max martin, Klas Åhlund and Alexander Kronlund went in the same school as kids.
They must've had a hell of a music teacher...

wow, the three of them went to school together? I knew Alexander and Max went to school together but not Klas as well. fantastic.
and great that Katy is working with Max and Klas, I wonder where Dr Luke is?

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

The video is boring, why have all those celebrities in it? we see so much of them on tv as it is. The video should have more of Bonnie. The song is good but not amazing to me.

B Steady

Quote from: Rebecca on June 30, 2013, 12:47:18 PM
The video is boring, why have all those celebrities in it? we see so much of them on tv as it is. The video should have more of Bonnie. The song is good but not amazing to me.

In Germany we don't see them that much, so I really like the video :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Quote from: Rebecca on June 30, 2013, 12:47:18 PM

I totally agree. Having cameos is one thing, and I'm sure the idea was to introduce her as someone who's worked with all these amazing people... but they're just webcam/phone quality shots that look like they've been e-mailed in as a favours. It doesn't make for a well made video, and it ends up giving Bonnie a back seat to everyone she's written for, which has been her problem all along.

georg_e

Completely changed my mind on this....I love it now, all of it, including that slightly sleazy synth melody in the bridge -- very 80's!!
I think I was just expecting this to be by Dr. Luke, and when it wasn't, I was disappointed, but this has some really good s**t in it, and I hope it catches on!!!

Oroz

Quote from: musicgeeker on June 28, 2013, 09:55:36 AM
Update for new album by Katy from her new Instagram. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT BECAUSE SHE IS IN MAX MARTIN'S STUDIO IN STOCKHOLM! :)

Thanks! What's her new instagram if I may ask? : )

Best regards!

turnaround

Quote from: J_A24 on June 28, 2013, 09:51:20 PM
Klas is like:

"I hate him, he's so good."
Someone should do a sspeech balloon and make this a gif. I love it lol
And I liked it..

Axel

I first thought it was one of the Backstreet Boys guys in the background.

Axel

I love this song. I've been following her for quite a long time now and it will be interesting to see whether her second shot at establishing her as an artist will be successful. I wish her the best of luck in any case.