• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Thoughts on 'Hands To Myself' (Selena Gomez) Max & Mattman and Robin co write.

Started by jelfmusic, October 09, 2015, 01:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelfmusic

Hey Guys

So I just had a listen to a few of the new Selena songs as I had seen that Mattman & Robin are producing a majority of the album and I had a listen to 'Hands To Myself', it sounds quite different to other Max songs in a way. I think that it's the structure... or the sort of anti climactic vocal on the chorus.... I don't know ... It's hard to describe, It's not a traditional Max/ Cheiron pop song where you can identify each part on the first listen.

Also on the Pre chorus where the vocal range goes higher is that Selena singing? it really doesn't sound like her?....

What's your thoughts on it guys? you feeling it?

P.s Justin Tranter has a co write on this and is like a hit machine at the moment, I'd recommend checking out some of his recent songwriting cuts.

avenger1987

For me it is one of the best Max team production of this year. Even better then most Taylor Swift stuff. Melodic toms playing notes from chord progression and this close>far proportions of the tracks. I'm really blown away how the song sounds.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: jelfmusic on October 09, 2015, 01:05:11 PM

Also on the Pre chorus where the vocal range goes higher is that Selena singing? it really doesn't sound like her?....

What's your thoughts on it guys? you feeling it?

P.s Justin Tranter has a co write on this and is like a hit machine at the moment, I'd recommend checking out some of his recent songwriting cuts.

there's several occasions throughout the album where i questioned the vocals. particularly when they go in the higher range. maybe it's because her tone/voice is more recognizable in the lower register?

also, idk who engineered or did the vocal production, but her vocals are processed kind of sloppily in a lot of songs.

my favorites are Revival, Me & The Rhythm, Same Old Love, Hands To Myself, Cologne, Survivors. there's no real "bangers" on the album

j.fco.morales

I think it depends on the producer's sound vision and how the mixer engineer executes that vision.

Clearly, there's some good stuff here.

Cheiron Meets Thizz

Does anyone know why he's working with her and not Justin Bieber?

It seems that would make sense

ShockdioN

Quote from: Cheiron Meets Thizz on October 10, 2015, 11:25:23 PM
Does anyone know why he's working with her and not Justin Bieber?

It seems that would make sense

managers who decided ?

sweetmelody

On first listen, didn't really do much for me. Same Old Love is a stronger record in my opinion.

Rebecca

When I first listened to this, this song did not sound like a Max song at all and I didn't really like it that much. Who knows? maybe Max only tweaked it a bit.
But it's a total grower, I love it so much now. It totally gets stuck in my head.

sonnyblack2000

Probably my fav track on Selena's album, good pop album overall. Vocally she sounds more convincing then before (emotions coming thru more)

Adamoadam

I like that he tried something new, but I do not liker the song. Selena has a really thin voice, that needs backing. I was hoping she would get the Britney vocal production treatment (aka a lot of background vocals from different session singers).

j.fco.morales

I actually think -and doubt a bit about it as well- that Selena writing her songs and knowing her capabilities, make her material a lot more cohesive.
You know what you can do and helps a lot starting from that point.

nanofives

I could relate this to a more Mattman-&-Robin-thingy, it's their first production together. All You Had To Do Was Stay was not really their first impression, I don't really count that  :P. Anyways, seems like most of the album it's a Julia Michaels/Justin Tranter thing, they wrote half of the tracks and that makes me the impression of Selena not caring about her vocal range or those kind of things. I hope hearing more from Julia and Justin with Max, they did a great job writing for latest Demi's album, latest Gwen Stefani single and both did wrote for Justin on Purpose.

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca