• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin Stabs/Orchestra Hits

Started by Tano87, May 01, 2014, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tano87

Quote from: cheironlover on December 13, 2017, 08:53:48 PM
I heard the "daaoow" synth, too. I also saw A roland D-70

And they happen to be using the famous crown/akg cm311 headworn mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoU5cOY4U4k Can you tell me which stab was used here?

I think it's the same as Baby One More Time...
But for most of those stabs and hits we have to wait for RolandCloud to upload the digital stuff in VST since you can decide wich effects to layer to re-create the stabs as Cheiron did back in the days...

For example the ManicShots patch is a composition of sounds but in some of Cheiron production u can hear the same patch but with sounds layered with different volumes...

Snipes3000

Quote from: Tano87 on January 08, 2021, 07:49:57 PM
I got the JVs from Roland Clouds and nothing like that is there. The baby one more time stab is also missing. The JV 1080 contain's just the reversed stab used on Baby One More Time

I suggest searching in EMU EmulatorX vst. Planet phat is full with useful hits, and it is a much better source than the Roland Cloud romplers which indeed seems to only cover a small portion of the layers necessary for the Cheiron stab.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Tano87

Quote from: Snipes3000 on January 12, 2021, 01:14:37 PM
I suggest searching in EMU EmulatorX vst. Planet phat is full with useful hits, and it is a much better source than the Roland Cloud romplers which indeed seems to only cover a small portion of the layers necessary for the Cheiron stab.

Actually I want the same sounds used by Cheiron not some random sample to emulate

Snipes3000

Yeah, since you are aware of the gear list of Cheiron and Maritone, you know that EMU is indispensable in their sound design, among them the planet phatt. I know how much you like to imitate cheiron sounds and obviously there is not a preset that sounds exactly like how it sounds in their songs because they layer and probably hard EQ these hits/stabs. But I really think you should go through the EMU Emulator if you want to use a plugin or else check out the hardware module. EMU made a gold mine in the 90's and that's why they became the real deal.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

Tano87

Oh I forgot I have Emu Emulator X but it's pretty tricky to use and listen to the whole stuff..

Snipes3000

Yes it is. I currently use version 3, 64bit on windows 7 FL STUDIO. If you load the complete bank at once, then you can go to the 'sampler' page and go through the presets there quite effortless.

Tano87

Quote from: cheironlover on August 10, 2021, 02:44:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0YQ4Rt6MY

The synth at 0:18 is so beautiful and it's used in most of cheiron songs like BSB, Britney...wonder which preset is this..
The piano attack is also amazing...each song has a different mix in fact it sounds always different.

This track is also interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmxvDBy6f04

Snipes3000

I can hear that its my life "bow" sound is sampled from living on a prayer.

Tano87

Quote from: Snipes3000 on August 14, 2021, 01:54:34 AM
I can hear that its my life "bow" sound is sampled from living on a prayer.
The bow sound was made by themself in most of their song.
Max must have been excited to have the real sound instead of the sample used thousand of times xD

Snipes3000

I guess Rami Yacoub was lying then when he mentioned that he sampled it from that song...

Tano87

Quote from: Snipes3000 on August 14, 2021, 12:24:36 PM
I guess Rami Yacoub was lying then when he mentioned that he sampled it from that song...
Probably he sampled it but the fact is that Bon Jovi always did that on their own even on "living on a prayer" and if u see their live performances the guitarist got that thing in its mouth doing the "bow-ow" sound.

Snipes3000

cheironlover

Quote from: Tano87 on August 13, 2021, 11:20:18 PM
The synth at 0:18 is so beautiful and it's used in most of cheiron songs like BSB, Britney...wonder which preset is this..
The piano attack is also amazing...each song has a different mix in fact it sounds always different.

This track is also interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmxvDBy6f04

Dunno the preset.

Tano87