• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You (new album with Max and Rami)

Started by turnaround, March 01, 2015, 06:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

New single by Carly Rae Jepsen

http://www.popologynow.com/2015/03/01/new-single-carly-rae-jepsen-i-really-like-you

Pure pop. Hopefully we get a few Max songs on her next album.
And I liked it..

uberweiss

j.fco.morales

Who wrote/produced this?

Sounds a bit like Ariel Rechtshaid new pop songs.

turnaround

Found some infos here

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/carly-rae-jepsen-i-really-like-you-premiere

QuoteI Really Like You" was written by Jacob Kasher and Peter Svensson of The Cardigans. It's and unpretentious pure pop gem from start to finish. Instant radio hit and a really, really, really perfect comeback. Catchy, easy-listening and fresh.

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Amazing instant

Sounds like it could be an Oliver production. Gives me Bonnie McKee vibes

AdamKhan

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 01, 2015, 09:22:22 PM
Who wrote/produced this?

Sounds a bit like Ariel Rechtshaid new pop songs.

Jacob Kasher and Peter Svensson.

Sounds like it could have been a song pitched for the Taylor 1989 album. It gives me that kinda vibes. Anyway its an amazing tune.

Rex

one-hit wonder, don't care how hard she tries, some things are just impossible to change. I like the song, though

uberweiss

She already has two hits though.

And the video for this has Tom Hanks and Justin Bieber in it. She's coming for the charts.

j.fco.morales

Thank you for the information, guys.

It's a grower, for sure.

turnaround

Sounds really like hit.

Agree with her manager

QuoteI told her that she couldn't come out with anything unless it was on the level of "Call Me Maybe." And, now we have a new one that is on that level

Was MXM involved in the production?

It's out in the US.

spotify:track:3O09PoBmmhotSUxLZfcRP0
And I liked it..

uberweiss

Yacoub and Max confirmed for the album!!

The global pop sensation has been hard at work with such collaborators as Rami Yacoub (One Direction, Nicki Minaj), Dev Hynes (Blood Orange), Jack Antonoff (fun., Taylor Swift), Ariel Rechtshaid (Charli XCX, Haim), Tegan and Sara, Vampire Weekend's Rostam Batmanglij, Greg Kurstin (Sia) and 2015 Grammy winning Producer of the Year Max Martin, writing and recording the songs that will appear on the follow-up to her U.S. debut album Kiss, which featured her blockbuster break-out hit "Call Me Maybe."

http://www.sys-con.com/node/3305426

turnaround

Great news!
Will be a superb pop album for sure.
Moved to "New songs" section.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Now I have high expectations about this record.

She's a great topliner BTW!

sweetmelody

Eddie Krommer

Quote from: sweetmelody on March 02, 2015, 11:02:01 PM
So Max had nothing to do with it?

Nope, but Peter Svensson has been linked to Max a lot lately.