• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer (Max, Kronlund) and new single "Confident"

Started by turnaround, June 22, 2015, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

I like some songs, but I think she needs to define herself as an artist.
Which is what happens often to artists who don't write their songs.

Same with Selena Gomez: it could be anyone.

Stars and Cool For The Summer are by far the best songs.

turnaround

And I liked it..

turnaround

So far "Lionheart" is my favourite song. Such a great anthem. Ina Wroldsen is so gifted.

I checked the album booklet.

Laleh seems to be a superwoman. She does it all. Write, sing, many (also not standard) instruments, arrange, produce - you name it - incredible talent!

Btw - why is she at MXM and not Wolf Cousins? I could not take a photo of the booklet but the credits are pretty interesting.

Bass, Cello Arrangement, Composer, Drum Programming, Engineer, Fx Vocals, Guitar, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Producer, Programming, String Engineer, Synthesizer, Vocal Producer, Vocals (Background)

Taken from:

http://www.allmusic.com/album/confident-mw0002876585/credits

And I liked it..

sonnyblack2000

On first listen the first 1/2 of the album is pretty good but then it falters and you end up not knowing exactly who she is, what she feels or what she stands for. But I gather from interviews she has an interesting story to tell so you wish the album would dig deeper. I'm gonna listen to it again though. So far I feel Selena s album is better (never thought it'd be that way, Demi is the strongest singer but that's not enough)

uberweiss

This album sucks other than CTFS.

Even the Falk/Yacoub track is bad, other than the heavenly pre-chorus.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: uberweiss on October 19, 2015, 09:45:23 PM
This album sucks other than CTFS.

Even the Falk/Yacoub track is bad, other than the heavenly pre-chorus.

agreed. her vocals are atrocious. live and in the studio. terrible vocal production. the best song next to CFTS is Lionheart. but Demi's voice just isn't right for most/all of these songs. she strains and wails and it's not pleasant.

j.fco.morales

B Steady

CFTS has one of the very best snare drums in the history of music production.

@sample discussion: if they didn't use any samples of Sleigh Bells, they did a great job of re-producing the sounds hahaha
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on August 11, 2016, 10:17:12 PM
CFTS has one of the very best snare drums in the history of music production.

@sample discussion: if they didn't use any samples of Sleigh Bells, they did a great job of re-producing the sounds hahaha

You better listen to Justice.
Ten years ago.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 11, 2016, 10:26:35 PM
You better listen to Justice.
Ten years ago.

Justice Timberlake?

Just(ice) kidding, they definitely had an impressive sound for 2007.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on August 12, 2016, 10:40:04 AM
Justice Timberlake?

Just(ice) kidding, they definitely had an impressive sound for 2007.

Same vibe, same type of sounds.
Ali's stealing. Love him anyway.

bugmenot

Rami Yacoub, Carl Falk, Savan Kotecha and Alexander Kronlund Is Being Sued For Allegedly Copying Song "Stars" from Sleigh Bells' 2010 song "Infinity Guitars."

video

The suit filed Monday in a California federal court.

Producers Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub:

QuoteWe did not use any samples in Demi Lovato's song 'Stars.' Demi was also not involved with the production. She only wrote top line

https://twitter.com/sleighbells/status/661239652087685120