• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

RAMI's part on Max' side

Started by turnaround, May 21, 2007, 04:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I just wondered.

How did Rami find his way to Cheiron, and how came he became like his long-time co-producer.

And is Rami more responsible for the sounds, the lyrics, or the production?

Maybe one knows, somehow I get the impression he is the little "assistant" of Max, though I am sure he is way more than that.

Lately he seems to have a little emancipation again, with the songs for Danity Kane and Stephanie McIntosh
And I liked it..

hits

Quote from: "turnaround"I just wondered.

How did Rami find his way to Cheiron, and how came he became like his long-time co-producer.

And is Rami more responsible for the sounds, the lyrics, or the production?

Maybe one knows, somehow I get the impression he is the little "assistant" of Max, though I am sure he is way more than that.

Lately he seems to have a little emancipation again, with the songs for Danity Kane and Stephanie McIntosh

Max approached him after Denniz passed away. He had a big hit in Europe with Lutricia McNeal, thats how Max noticed him. But I doubt that he is just the "little assistant". If that'd be the case, Max would just hire him as an Engineer, and his name wouldnt be in the credits. But since thats not the case Rami MUST be heavily involved in all different parts of the production and writing.

Whats more interesting is the Luke/Max relationship.

turnaround

Oh yes, I know the songs he wrote for Lutricia, lovely stuff.

Well the "assistant" I just said a bit cynical, as whenever there was the talk of a new hit song by Britney or BSB, Rami was hardly ever mentioned, as far as I remember.

I am sure they complement one another very well.

How he and Luke met each other would be interesting as well yes, maybe one knows?
And I liked it..

Tommy Nelson

Hey everyone! :D  Here's what I know about Rami. Some of his earlyist Cheiron related work was working together with guitar player D.Papalexis on singer Kahsay's debut album "Coz I'm Kahsay". Also, Denniz PoP and Max Martin produced the song "Turn me on" from the same album which was released in 1997. After that, around the time of Denniz's death Rami started working at Cheiron together with Max Martin and crew. Rami is responsible for the beat's, keyboard's, lyric's, recording, and mixing of some songs at Cheiron. Like Kristian Lundin, Rami also has his own way of playing that always stands out. You can always tell it's a Rami beat by his more characteristic drum programing (more "mixed up" sounding) and his music has somewhat more of a hip-hop flavor to it than the other guys. One fun fact I know of is Max and Rami actualy had trouble with the final mixing of Britney's "Oops...I did it again". I quote Max Martin from the Time article "Top of the pops"... Max said, "Whith the mixing of Oops...I did it again, after a week Rami and I realized it sounded like shit, it didn't groove". So they scrapped it and went back to the drawing board. Two weeks of 18-hour-plus days later, the song was done. Max said "It wasn't that we had an extreme deadline", "that's just when you get psycho, that's when you get manic". So as we can see, even for professional's things don't alway's work out perfectly! Anyway, here are some great example's of Rami's work, where you can hear his characteristic sound.

Kahsay - Shake your head. (Beat programing)
Britney Spears - Don't go knockin' on my door. (Music and beat's)
Britney Spears - Bombastic Love. (Music and beat's)
*NSYNC - It's gonna be me. (Music and beat's)
*NSYNC - Tell me, tell me...Baby. (Music and beat's) Produced by Rami.
Westlife - No, no. (Wrote music, beat's, and produced).
Westlife - When you're looking like that. (Music and beat's)
Backstreet Boys - Don't want you back. (Beat programing)
Backstreet Boys - The call, Get another boyfriend.
- And many more! :D

Rebecca

Thanks for that info about Rami

I imagine that they're great friends as well as writing songs together.

Rebecca

Quote from: "hits"

Whats more interesting is the Luke/Max relationship.

Yes, I have wondered too. Maybe this should be a new thread but anyway, I have been curious considering Luke is American, I wonder how they would have met? I thought Max usually stayed in Sweden.

princessofegypt

Dr. Luke was the guitar player for Saturday Night Live for awhile.. I don't know how they might have met though.

®a|ÑßØw÷¢H!LÐ

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson"Here's what I know about Rami. Some of his earlyist Cheiron related work was working together with guitar player D.Papalexis on singer Kahsay's debut album "Coz I'm Kahsay". Also, Denniz PoP and Max Martin produced the song "Turn me on" from the same album which was released in 1997. After that, around the time of Denniz's death Rami started working at Cheiron together with Max Martin and crew.
I can back that. I think they met during the production of KAHSAY's album. If you listen to the Rami songs of "Coz I'm Kahsay" it already sounds very Cheiron. So I guess Denniz liked Rami's work and invited him over to his base! :-)

emjay

Quote from: "princessofegypt"Dr. Luke was the guitar player for Saturday Night Live for awhile.. I don't know how they might have met though.

Still is

Rebecca

Quote from: "emjay"
Quote from: "princessofegypt"Dr. Luke was the guitar player for Saturday Night Live for awhile.. I don't know how they might have met though.

Still is

Oh, I wondered if Dr Luke was still on Saturday Night Live - I haven't seen that show in years. Thanks Matt.

turnaround

By the way, I just heard Marie Serneholt was his girlfriend  :)

He should write some songs for her..
And I liked it..

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Quote from: "turnaround"By the way, I just heard Marie Serneholt was his girlfriend  :)

He should write some songs for her..

maybe this is private life, have nothing to do with him and martin. But its true marie is his girlfriend for about 2 years maybe....But i dont want to talk about our heroes and the private life....oops i just did...sorry
If you can dream it, you can be it.

turnaround

Yeah, I can understand,
but I think they must be such a cute couple, and it's lovely  :)
And I liked it..

Linda

Marie is Luke's girlfriend???

turnaround

No, Marie is Rami's girlfriend :)
And I liked it..