• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Britney Spears Thread - BRITNEY IS FREE 11/12/21

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 12, 2016, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 13, 2016, 07:37:52 PM
For example: during the boyband years -and Max spoke about this topic during the Polar expo- he positioned the artists' voice to the nose while singing in head voice.
Examples: BSB, Britney, NSYNC, Celine Dion's Love Is All We Need, etc.

I modified.
Nasal voices circa late 90s.

B Steady

Make Me... has quite a lot parallels to Adam's and Tove's Rumors. The clap sound right before the chorus sounds even copied.

Besides that it is such a decent "comeback" single, love it. Looking so much forward to her new album <3
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

New Song "Do you wanna come over" is by

Co-written by Warner/Chappell writers @imjmichaels @TranterJustin + Mattman & Robin #DoYouWannaComeOver 👌👌👌

https://open.spotify.com/track/2xNrYyRQTz6hgTFb9KG1et
And I liked it..

B Steady

so in love with her again. and I'm not even talking music :D

wow, DYWCO is horrible
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

At least, her vocals are good, finally.

Sounds like old Britney! And whispers!

nanofives

This was the kind of surprise that I needed.
The faith on the album is restored for me. I NEED MORE.

melodicmoonlight

It's so weird in the best way. That shouting chorus, the guitar. Just wish we would've gotten some classic Britney adlibs; still waiting on those

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

turnaround

Ilya is on it:

"Slumber Party" 

Ari Lehtonen H. Brown Ilya Salmanzadeh
Produced by:    Ilya
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

The album leaked.

And I am currently listening.

turnaround

And I liked it..

Wolf Cousin

Quote from: turnaround on August 18, 2016, 11:11:23 AM
New Song "Do you wanna come over" is by

Co-written by Warner/Chappell writers @imjmichaels @TranterJustin + Mattman & Robin #DoYouWannaComeOver 👌👌👌

https://open.spotify.com/track/2xNrYyRQTz6hgTFb9KG1et

Wow, I really want to know how they come up with these ''weird'' sounding songs. I mean some of these ideas on first listen sound completely wrong, but eventually they become the parts you look forward to the most. How do you know not to dismiss those ideas when they come to you (or are presented to you) for the first time? I feel like these ''weird songs'' are a completely different ballgame as songs that are intended to sound melodically pleasing. Is there anybody who can elaborate on this?

georg_e

Loved this song! Well it seems a few key elements create that "weird" feeling haha :-) First is the chord progression with the guitar on verse, which is a bit "outside" the key. Then, later in song, the background vocal part "dooooo you waannnt" is a 'normal' melody in itself, but sung against that chord progression it sounds  a little spooky. Then of course the "shouted" chorus part, which is quite unique.  But then the Prechorus is such a smart contrast to all that, because it's sung over a very "harmonious" chord progression, and the melody is outstanding in that part.
     A think a lot of how they may have arrived at this stuff is just from listening to earlier Britney more experimental stuff like on "Blackout", and songs like "Toxic". And then adding their own twist ....whatever --  it's great!