• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Britney Spears Thread - BRITNEY IS FREE 11/12/21

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 12, 2016, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

But to your question .... ("How do you know.......")......I think a lot of it is a matter of you just gotta go for it.......  but  these days people seem kind of hungry for new sounds, which helps :-)

nanofives

I wonder who wrote that Spanish verse in Change your mind, it's very hard to tell.
The album overall is not very upbeat, it's boring for some moments, but I praise OzGO for the sound in Hard to Forget Ya, M&R and Evigan, nice sound coming from those.

Tano87

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on August 12, 2016, 07:49:40 PM
couldn't agree more. he gets the best vocal out of her, and the vocal production is engineered and edited with perfection and precision.

no sloppy splits and cuts and odd vocal tuning. Private Show is a great song but the nasally chorus vocals are questionable. like, why didn't they tell her in the studio she sounded like that?

They play with the fans who don't want over produced vocals... so this is the result, nasal voice. Or they picth her vocals like they did in the album with the song What You Need.

j.fco.morales

She doesn't sound like that in all the songs, which is weird.

That happens when your voice is not natural...

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Tano87 on August 22, 2016, 08:24:52 AM
They play with the fans who don't want over produced vocals... so this is the result, nasal voice. Or they picth her vocals like they did in the album with the song What You Need.

I'd much rather have "overproduced" vocals than sloppily and weirdly produced vocals. I mean listen to her on Invitation. Wtf? It's like they put a phaser effect on one of the vocal tracks and it makes it sound garggly and splotchy and rough. But even on Private Show her vocals are to the front and nice and clear.

Other songs, mostly, she is layered in background vocals (as usual with Britney) but I find her lead vocals to be less recognizable than in the past. And also as if she was giving the bare minimum in the studio and not adding that many vocal variations or adlibs. Here and there she does a little melisma but it's almost half-hearted or feels required. Max always has his artists add stellar vocal adlibs or countermelodies to his songs; adding more as the song progresses so that it grows and becomes fuller by the end.

j.fco.morales

I expected something like Hands To Myself: that vocal treatment.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 23, 2016, 07:49:09 PM
I expected something like Hands To Myself: that vocal treatment.

yup, that was (Selena) or would've been (Britney) respectively brilliant
Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

I've never heard Julia's voice in a song she wrote for others as clear as in do you wanna come over.

B Steady

Alright, this is a brilliant album. 5 seconds of every song are enough to say I'm sure I'll like it very much. Really looking forward to hearing the full thing after I bought it!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

The album is getting good reviews.

4 out of 5 stars in allmusic.com

B Steady

Haven't checked it for myself yet but in my head I noticed "Make Me..." is quite similar to Nicki Minaj's "Fly" (feat. Rihanna).
Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

turnaround

Quote from: B Steady on August 29, 2016, 06:21:28 PM
Haven't checked it for myself yet but in my head I noticed "Make Me..." is quite similar to Nicki Minaj's "Fly" (feat. Rihanna).
I just did. Nice find, very similar to me.
And I liked it..

Tano87

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on August 23, 2016, 03:15:43 PM
I'd much rather have "overproduced" vocals than sloppily and weirdly produced vocals. I mean listen to her on Invitation. Wtf? It's like they put a phaser effect on one of the vocal tracks and it makes it sound garggly and splotchy and rough. But even on Private Show her vocals are to the front and nice and clear.

Other songs, mostly, she is layered in background vocals (as usual with Britney) but I find her lead vocals to be less recognizable than in the past. And also as if she was giving the bare minimum in the studio and not adding that many vocal variations or adlibs. Here and there she does a little melisma but it's almost half-hearted or feels required. Max always has his artists add stellar vocal adlibs or countermelodies to his songs; adding more as the song progresses so that it grows and becomes fuller by the end.

I tried to make it notice on fans but they don't care.

After the poor sales I guess her label is not going to invest on a project with Max, that I guess will be a lot of money and since Britney is so lazy I guess she prefere these producers because we know that Max is a perfectionist.

j.fco.morales

Well, we have two messed up albums.

Her career is at its lowest point and it will never go up again.