• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Avril Lavigne - Rock n Roll (not produced by Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, April 08, 2013, 11:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

New single:

Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up

http://www.qobuz.com/album/heres-to-never-growing-up-avril-lavigne/0886443940222

No Max - so what do you think??
And I liked it..

georg_e

Thank you, Turnaround......well, since you asked, I have to say I think that is a really great song :-D    I listened to it completely open minded -- no idea who wrote it, who produced it, and I still don't, and don't even wanna know -- but I played it twice through and liked it even better on the second time......something about it has real emotion to it, and it's a great sound!!!

Joshua

I really loved her last album, but working with Max was probably just a one off for her. Still, if someone told me Luke produced this new track I'd believe it, I wonder who it is. I quite like it, it's typical Avril, and like georg_e, I think it gets better with every listen... a bit of a grower. It's probably a smart move not bringing out another Girlfriend/What The Hell for the lead single again.

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

I like this song too, I agree, it's definitely a grower. I hope it does well.

RuHa

http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/avril-lavigne-returns-with-new-single-heres-to-never-growing-up-uk/

J. Kash is involved so that's where the Luke sound comes from..  :)

HERE'S TO NEVER GROWING UP -  Work ID: 885215681
Writers
HINDLIN JACOB KASHER   
HODGES DAVID   
JOHNSON MARTIN
KROEGER CHAD   
LAVIGNE AVRIL

georg_e

Quote from: RuHa on April 09, 2013, 01:43:54 PM
http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/avril-lavigne-returns-with-new-single-heres-to-never-growing-up-uk/

J. Kash is involved so that's where the Luke sound comes from..  :)

HERE'S TO NEVER GROWING UP -  Work ID: 885215681
Writers
HINDLIN JACOB KASHER   
HODGES DAVID   
JOHNSON MARTIN
KROEGER CHAD   
LAVIGNE AVRIL

He's goin' in, too...... from his Twitter today......now I like this song even more! :-D

H ‏@jacobkasher 17h
I think WE as songwriters and producers should start calling out all the dumb fucks in the "music biz" that don't know SHIT about music

turnaround

The songs written by Max and Shellback with Avril for her album "Goodbye Lullaby" weren't bad in my opinion. But not really "hits". I can't even hum the melodies.
In comparison to "My life would suck without you" or the P!nk songs they couldn't convince me.
And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on April 09, 2013, 12:05:16 PM
Some people say it's very Taylor Swift/Max :D

It's those hip hop drum samples mixed with acoustic guitar!

turnaround

Hehe, the funny thing is, that I guess many people thought that Taylor sounded like Avril when she released her Max singles. Now it's the other way round.

And I liked it..

Axel

Heh, that is true. I was one of those who said that the Tylor song sounded like Avril. Still have to check out Avril's new track though.

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on April 09, 2013, 04:40:09 PM
The songs written by Max and Shellback with Avril for her album "Goodbye Lullaby" weren't bad in my opinion. But not really "hits". I can't even hum the melodies.
In comparison to "My life would suck without you" or the P!nk songs they couldn't convince me.

I think I appreciated them even more for not trying to be anything else. They ended up far more pop than I expected for an Avril album, but I really think Max and Shellback got it right. Smile was my second favourite song of 2011 (second only to "Dancing Crazy" which I assume was originally written for that album anyway). The melodies just really hit the spot for me. Plus the two ballads totally surprised me, I wish they'd write more tracks like that.

Axel

I fully agree. Smile was a killer song, and I will be eternally disappointed that this particular song didn't do well on the charts.

turnaround

And I liked it..