• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The 20 Hottest Songwriters in Pop Music Right Now

Started by turnaround, October 29, 2017, 12:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanofives

QuoteLegendary Swedish pop mastermind Max Martin keeps a small army of songwriters employed, including such proven hitmakers as RedOne, Shellback and Alexander Kronlund. (Dr. Luke once was one of his protégés as well, although Martin would probably prefer we forget that.)
What.

MarshallHolland

Now that everyone hates Dr. Luke for something he may or may not have done and Sony cut ties with him, I haven't seen any new music from Dr Luke in over a year......I wonder if he is writing/producing under an alias?

nanofives

Quote from: MarshallHolland on November 02, 2017, 03:43:52 AM
Now that everyone hates Dr. Luke for something he may or may not have done and Sony cut ties with him, I haven't seen any new music from Dr Luke in over a year......I wonder if he is writing/producing under an alias?
That might be right if you exclude the songs he actually wrote this year... He worked with Fergie, Ne-Yo, Kim Petras, Big Boi and Trey Songz, those may not be the best songs nor bangers, but he isn't gone.

heyheyhey

It is interesting though, that it seems like he has recorded no song witch charted in the top 100 since the lawsuit. (Source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke/Diskografie Sugar was recorded July 2014).   
I thought he would be able to use this turmoil for musical inspiration like Kesha. Wondering why he can't produce like before?

nanofives

Ain't your mama and Greenlight charted (bad but charted) and Locked away hit top 10

heyheyhey

Ok, seems like the list in wikipedia is not complete.

A bit off topic but i looked into it. The lawsuit was filed in October 2014.
"Ain't Your Mama": "E! News reported that the song itself was co-written by Dr. Luke and Meghan Trainor in 2014 prior to Kesha filing her lawsuit against Dr. Luke", "Lopez had returned to Epic Records, the label that Trainor is also signed to, she recorded her own version of the song with Trainor" and "As Dr. Luke had already produced the song two years prior to Lopez recording her version, the two had no interaction during Lopez's recording of the song." -> So this was before the lawsuit. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain%27t_Your_Mama )

"Locked Away": According to wikipedia the song was recorded on December 2014. It reached #6. Either the important work was done before the lawsuit or Dr. Luke was indeed able to produce normally for a short time even when the outrage was at its peak. The later case would suggest, that Dr. Luke is not handicapped by himself but important people in his team and collaborators stopped working for him. (I dont think big artist avoiding him would prevent him from writing hits with new talent.)

"Greenlight": Probably recorded around February 2016 (Release July 2016). Would be a real exception. But it barely made the Hot 100 (#95).