• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 22, 2020, 08:01:02 PM
New arrangements? It's basically the same song with new verses and a slightly different structure.
Probably they used stuff from the sessions to not be the exact same thing.

Loving the Doja vocals.

I don't think her vocals match the feel of the song

McCartneyMartin

I agree but I think what really sounds out of place rap verse. She needs to stop trying to be Nicki Minaj 2.0.

AlexanderLaBrea

Yes? They've added brass arrangements and the Doja verse alters the song original structure a bit, otherwise its the same. Don't think they recorded any new instruments. The brass was probably cut from the original

McCartneyMartin

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on May 23, 2020, 02:11:31 PM
Yes? They've added brass arrangements and the Doja verse alters the song original structure a bit, otherwise its the same. Don't think they recorded any new instruments. The brass was probably cut from the original
I hope there's a version with the extra brass without Doja.

j.fco.morales

I wasn't expecting a remix but well... I kinda like Doja's singing voice more than her rapping.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

melodicmoonlight

Ohh siiiick that's gonna be lit. This is one of my favorite songs from the album. I like it more than BL

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

melodicmoonlight

Pretty awesome!

Gonna be hearing this nonstop in 3...2...1!

j.fco.morales

Amazing record. Very tasteful and very much continues the sound of the biggest hits of the last record.

I'm very excited about this era.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 06, 2021, 07:09:30 AM
Amazing record. Very tasteful and very much continues the sound of the biggest hits of the last record.

I'm very excited about this era.

It sounds somehow more sophisticated. The funk element is so pleasing, and the more I play it, the more insatiable I get to replay it