• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Greg Kurstin interview - mentions Max+Luke

Started by j.fco.morales, September 29, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Check it out, it's worth every word.
He talks about writing with Katy Perry, Sia, 90s music, etc.

NME: What's the difference between writing with an artist like Sia, whose obviously a long-time songwriter, and someone more established in the pop world like Katy Perry?

GK: Sia is like no one else I've ever worked with. She comes completely from this non-logical but very emotional place. I could be wrong, but she doesn't really seem to analyse what she's writing. She doesn't really revise it, but goes with that first thing that comes out. And a lot of the time, the song will be written and finished in a short amount of time. When I work with someone like Katy, and it's always different with every pop star, we come back to the song, and it's like: 'Is that the best chorus? Let's revise the chorus'. And I think she probably comes from that Dr Luke/Max Martin world where they might try five different choruses until the best one comes out. But Sia's never like that. Most of the time the first thing that comes out is what you're going to get. That's the major difference, there's not a lot of revising and crafting as much as the pop songs, it's just one emotional expression and that's it.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/chart-ruling-super-producer-greg-kurstin-guitar-music-is-at-an-all-time-low#60qUxhte9S5zeU4I.99

j.fco.morales

Beck is working on a new album with Greg.
Is out this October.

He's a featured on the upcoming projects by Paul McCartney, Liam Gallagher, P!nk and Foo Fighters.