• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Interesting...

Started by Romb, May 20, 2015, 06:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romb

Going though the list of songs on Maratone website I noticed one fact. With a huge portfolio of songs Max has never written AND produced a track all by himself.
It is always a collaboration, either on production side of things or writing, but mostly both.

I wonder if that's intentionally or that he just needs to source the creativity from the people around him? Well, it's more rhetorical question I guess, but what do you guys think?

B Steady

what an annoying thread title
Vila i frid Dag

AlexanderLaBrea

I'd say that the simple answer to that is - the end result ends up being better if you're co-writing. Looking back at most of the big pop-hits in the modern day, very few are written by one person alone except for singer songwriter stuff of course. 2 pair of ears are better than one, etc. Also an important point: It's much more fun to co-write than to write alone!

bugmenot

I think he did but it's personal songs.

B Steady

Quote from: bugmenot on May 20, 2015, 01:19:33 PM
I think he did but it's personal songs.

he didn't since romb was talking about writing AND production. if it's only about one side there would be a few examples like As Long As You Love Me, Don't Want You Back, Don't Wanna Lose You Now, ...Baby One More Time, If U Seek Amy, I Don't Believe You or Please Don't Leave Me
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

I think it's mainly on the production side.

j.fco.morales

It's better to collaborate, in favour of a better product.

sweetmelody

You know, I could have sworn that I saw one or two that he did himself. That said, I think the whole spirit of Cheiron has always been collaboration. I think this concept is one that has always worked for the Swedes and pop music in general. There is no doubt that Max can do it all himself, but I think he realizes the benefits of teamwork.

Romb

Quote from: sweetmelody on May 20, 2015, 09:00:05 PM
You know, I could have sworn that I saw one or two that he did himself. That said, I think the whole spirit of Cheiron has always been collaboration. I think this concept is one that has always worked for the Swedes and pop music in general. There is no doubt that Max can do it all himself, but I think he realizes the benefits of teamwork.

I went through every track listed on Maratone website. There could be a couple of tracks that are not listed there that he could have done alone. I would really love to hear those!

Another thing is, there are tracks that are listed as written by Max and for e.g. P!nk. That might be she just wrote lyrics so that's why she is listed as a writer. But, unfortunately, it's very hard to find the detailed information as to who wrote what.

Jules

Quote from: Romb on May 21, 2015, 01:40:06 AM
I went through every track listed on Maratone website. There could be a couple of tracks that are not listed there that he could have done alone. I would really love to hear those!

Check the Song Archive at cheiron-music.com for a complete list of all songs!  ;)
(Until 2012 that is. LOL)