• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

3 songs in the top 10 - Is right now the best yet for Max?

Started by gm33, October 21, 2012, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Max has three songs in the top ten right now (1, 3 and 5) on the billboard 100 charts which is pretty incredible.

In addition, Max & associates (Maratone/Cheiron) hold numerous other rankings:

1    One More Night, Maroon Max Martin,Shellback (A.Levine,Shellback,S.Kotecha,Max Martin)
3    I Knew You Were Trouble., Taylor Swift Max Martin,Shellback (T.Swift,Max Martin,Shellback)
5    We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Taylor Swift Max Martin,Shellback,D.Huff (T.Swift,Max Martin,Shellback)
8    Die Young, Ke$ha   Dr. Luke,Benny Blanco,Cirkut (K.Sebert,L.Gottwald,B.Levin,N.Ruess,H.Walter)
11    Diamonds, Rihanna StarGate,Benny Blanco (S.Furler,B.Levin,M.S.Eriksen,T.E.Hermansen)
21    Live While We're Young, One Direction  Rami,C.Falk (R.Yacoub,C.Falk,S.Kotecha)
25    Wide Awake, Katy Perry Dr. Luke,Cirkut (K.Perry,L.Gottwald,Max Martin,B.McKee,H.Walter)
29    Payphone, Maroon 5 Featuring Wiz Khalifa Benny Blanco,Shellback (A.Levine,B.Levin,A.Malik,D.Omelio,Shellback,C.J.Thomaz)
35    Pound The Alarm, Nicki Minaj   RedOne,C.Falk,Rami (O.T.Maraj,N.Khayat,C.Falk,R.Yacoub,B.Hajji,AJ Junior)
49    Where Have You Been, Rihanna Dr. Luke,Cirkut,C.Harris (E.Dean,L.Gottwald,C.Harris,H.Walter,G.Mack)
58    Your Body, Christina Aguilera Max Martin,Shellback (Max Martin,Shellback,S.Kotecha,T.Amber)
62    Want U Back, Cher Lloyd Shellback (Shellback,S.Kotecha)

I don't have a paid billboard account to do research, but is right now the best singles Hot 100 chart performance for Max & Co.? Not to take anything away from the 90s and 00s which we love so much, but is right now, these last few weeks, the best ever? Is that even possible??  13 of his 15 #1s have come since 2008 and almost half of them are within the last 18 months!

Full chart: http://www.billboard.com/charts/the-billboard-hot-100-biz#/charts/the-billboard-hot-100-biz

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Joshua

He had four songs in the top ten in late 2010 which I think is the record, but I'm not sure how many others he had charting in the Hot 100 at the same time. So overall you might be right. :)

http://musicchartsarchive.com/singles-chart/2010-11-13

Does anyone know if "I Knew You Were Trouble" is going to get a full release? It's charting well, but it's listed on Wikipedia as just a promotional single, along with "Red" and "State Of Grace". So many at once! :o