• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Tonight I'm Getting Over You" (Carly Rae Jepsen)

Started by B Steady, January 28, 2013, 03:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

This Max Martin production will be her next single!

source: CRJ's facebook page

I really like this song, another great dance/synth production like "Beauty And A Beat" / "All That Matters"
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

Oh YES! So glad it'll get a single release... let's hope it doesn't meet the same fate as "This Kiss". It's a little edgier than anything she's released so far, so it should stand out somewhat.

Rebecca

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

Ennix

AdamKhan

The lyrics and melody are both dope!.....But the production is weak i think.

'Turn Me Up' should be the next single, written by Bonnie Mckee (Katy perry, Rita ora, ke$ha)

Joshua

I just had a listen to both tracks again, and "Turn Me Up" is quite nice, but I don't think it packs enough punch as a follow up to "This Kiss". She needs something that stands out. "Tonight I'm Getting Over You" probably won't even come close to repeating the success she had last year, but I think the chorus hook will go down well and at least get her back in the charts. I just love it because it's big and dark, and everyone will be expecting another light girly pop track.

Feelgoodlies

Dont really like the song. It's an obvious attempt to restore the success she's had with "Call Me Maybe" you know since it's a Max track.

AdamKhan

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on February 15, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
Dont really like the song. It's an obvious attempt to restore the success she's had with "Call Me Maybe" you know since it's a Max track.

Agree!

B Steady

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on February 15, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
It's an obvious attempt to restore the success she's had with "Call Me Maybe"

Nothing wrong with that.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

georg_e

Quote from: Raul_esp on February 23, 2013, 02:06:50 PM
Quote from: Joshua on February 23, 2013, 03:54:47 AM
The video is out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOE1aUNZVo

Good video , the song is good but not amazing , Max Can do better!!
Six songwriters and two producers: who can possibly tell who wrote what? :-)  I agree Raul, and I feel like both Max and Luke need a break from this trend.....it's only producing a few masterpieces ("Wide Awake" and "C'mon" for example) and alot of average stuff....."too many cooks spoil the broth" as they say.........it's like they're on a roller coaster and they can't get off.........

Alex Martin

I'm not a big fan of C'mon....in my opinion TIGOY is much better and the world charts will confirm it.

Rebecca

I really like the video. Yeah, I agree the song is no "Wide Awake", there are too many songwriters. However, I really like the song anyway, it has a nice feel to it.