• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"Tonight I'm Getting Over You" (Carly Rae Jepsen)

Started by B Steady, January 28, 2013, 03:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kleiner

EPIC SONG!!!
Congrats to the German Songwriter / Producer Lukas Hilbert!!!

nznexus

this is almost electro, house lol... the chorus is... dont like song.. :-\

because i really never liked her, this is not my style or song.

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

I'm not a Carly fan either, I don't care for any of her singles so far, but I think this song has some real strengths. The pre-chorus melody in particular I really like (especially "put a flame to every single word you ever said"). Then the chorus hits and it's just big and dark and for once I actually appreciate some crazy synth sounds, it works for me here.

Then again, I could be way off the mark as to what works, seeings all of my recent favourites haven't performed well ("Your Body", "C'mon", "Kiss You").

nznexus

do the artists seek themselves to max martin, or do he produce for them?

for example, taylor wanted to write with him so i guess she did and now she made some great song and sold album red and been on billboard for long time.

just want to know.
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Joshua

Quote from: nznexus on March 03, 2013, 12:17:12 AM
do the artists seek themselves to max martin, or do he produce for them?

I think it's a bit of both. He definitely writes specifically for artists, but there have been occasions when he's already had something written before a label has approached him. I know Allison Iraheta said in an interview that when they approached Max, he said he had just the song for her, and pulled out "Friday I'll Be Over U". Whether this was a leftover from another artist he had written for, who knows... but I'm sure sometimes he comes up with songs that aren't geared towards a particular project, and then waits until he finds someone suitable.

nznexus

thats cool. thanks :D

that reminds me a little bit of redone, who said he had a song for jennifer lopez that he had on his computer for 2 years, and when people heard they said this going to be big. so he just waited and boom. a hit!

Joshua

Oh wow, was that "On The Floor"? Did it store it away waiting for the right artist, or was he actually waiting for Jennifer to come out of the shadows?