• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

"The Atlantic" article (October 2015) about Max and other songwriters

Started by gm33, September 20, 2015, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Rebecca

Thanks for this, it was interesting. I disagree with some of what he says too. I don't think it's a secret that pop stars don't write their own songs or that people would be stunned to find out so many pop hits are written by Scandinavian men, most people just don't care. Also, Lou Pearlman didn't hire Max and Denniz Pop, it was the record company.

It sounds mean to say that Max and Luke want to work with unknowns just to exert creative control and take more royalties, that could be one reason, but how much money do they need. I thought it's more of the challenge of turning an unknown into a star.

georg_e

^   ^   ^

Hey Rebecca, I know you follow him, but in case you missed this post today, it contains one interesting fact you won't find in that Atlantic article: 

It's ALWAYS a good idea to let Max Martin use your home studio for free, lol!! :-D

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2015/09/20/the-john-seabrook-book/

Rebecca

Hi George, I read Bob's post today! I love Bob. Yes, that is very funny!

volkanyurdabak

The article interestingly tells that most of the pop music comes from Norway, but I think he could tell Swedish producers Max Martin and Denniz PoP along with RedOne, Avicii etc. I also wonder how the writer got the information telling that Dr. Luke was from Norway  ;D

I don't know any production team from Norway except for Stargate which is an amazing team.

However, the quotes are worth reading and the article is well-written as it was said previously. Thank you for sharing.