• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2016 Grammy Awards

Started by gm33, December 07, 2015, 03:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Max Martin nominated for 6 Grammy Awards:

Record of the Year (2 nominations)

Blank Space
Taylor Swift

Max Martin & Shellback, producers; Serban Ghenea, John Hanes, Sam Holland & Michael Ilbert, engineers/mixers; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer
Track from: 1989
Label: Big Machine Records

Can't Feel My Face
The Weeknd

Max Martin & Ali Payami, producers; Serban Ghenea, John Hanes & Sam Holland, engineers/mixers; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer
Label: Republic

Album of the Year (2 nominations)

Taylor Swift

Jack Antonoff, Nathan Chapman, Imogen Heap, Max Martin, Mattman & Robin, Ali Payami, Shellback, Taylor Swift, Ryan Tedder & Noel Zancanella, producers; Jack Antonoff, Mattias Bylund, Smith Carlson, Nathan Chapman, Serban Ghenea, John Hanes, Imogen Heap, Sam Holland, Michael Ilbert, Brendan Morawski, Laura Sisk & Ryan Tedder, engineers/mixers; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer
Label: Big Machine Records

Beauty Behind The Madness
The Weeknd

Lana Del Rey, Labrinth & Ed Sheeran, featured artists; Dannyboystyles, Ben Diehl, Labrinth, Mano, Max Martin, Stephan Moccio, Carlo Montagnese, Ali Payami, The Pope, Jason Quenneville, Peter Svensson, Abel Tesfaye & Kanye West, producers; Jay Paul Bicknell, Mattias Bylund, Serban Ghenea, Noah Goldstein, John Hanes, Sam Holland, Jean Marie Horvat, Carlo Montagnese, Jason Quenneville & Dave Reitzas, engineers/mixers; Tom Coyne & Dave Kutch, mastering engineers
Label: Republic

Song of the Year (1 nomination)

Blank Space
Max Martin, Shellback & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)
Track from: 1989
Label: Big Machine Records; Publisher(s): Sony/ATV Tree Publishing/Taylor Swift Music/MXM admin. by Kobalt Songs Music Publishing, Inc.

Best Song Written For Visual Media (1 nomination)

Love Me Like You Do
Savan Kotecha, Max Martin, Tove Nilsson, Ali Payami & Ilya Salmanzadeh, songwriters (Ellie Goulding)
Track from: Fifty Shades Of Grey
Label: Republic Records; Publisher(s): MXM admin. by Kobalt, Wolf Cousin/Warner/Chappell Music SCAND, Shellbeck Industries, Universal Pictures Music

As a reminder:

• Record of the Year -  Performing artist, the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer for that song. This is about the recorded song, not the composition of it.
  • Song of the Year - Songwriter(s). This is about the composition, not the recording.
  • Album of the Year  - Artist, producer, recording engineer, and mastering engineer. This is about the albums recording not the compositions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

turnaround

Thanks for this summary.

I want Max finally to receive his Grammy in the main show!
And I liked it..

gm33

Great Instagram post by Ellie Goulding going around the Internet:

elliegoulding - Nominated for a Grammy (or two) for the first time ever. I could not be happier. So much love for this wonderful man ❤️
https://www.instagram.com/p/_AhxASTfQu/

"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

bugmenot

It's a fresh photo — her hair is short.
Grammy Party?

j.fco.morales

Ellie always had short hair and uses extensions. I met her two years ago and thought the same about it.

Lots of nominations! I think he's finally seen as a great musician, in the 90's it wasn't cool at all to write/produce all these songs.

Also, there's more nominations in other categories:

- BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE for Love Me Like You Do
- BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE for Bad Blood
- BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM for 1989
- BEST URBAN CONTEMPORARY ALBUM for Beauty Behind The Madness
- BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK FOR VISUAL MEDIA for 50 Shades of Grey Soundtrack

gm33

Thanks for adding the other nominations! I initially didn't include them since he wouldn't be the one to win the award (they are performance-based awards for the artist rather than for writing/producing) but certainly important to be associated with a project that wins a Grammy :)

j.fco.morales

Quote from: gm33 on December 08, 2015, 10:08:45 PM
Thanks for adding the other nominations! I initially didn't include them since he wouldn't be the one to win the award (they are performance-based awards for the artist rather than for writing/producing) but certainly important to be associated with a project that wins a Grammy :)

:)

Rebecca

This is very exciting for Max! thanks for the summaries.  Yes, I hope we get to see Max accept an award in the main show! I love that pic with Ellie.

I was sort of hoping Max would be nominated for Producer of the Year again and then win it again.

volkanyurdabak

Taylor will dominate this year's Grammys. No doubt.

turnaround

Any predictions which Grammys Max will get?
Nominated 6 times - most for a non performing nominee.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

turnaround

And I liked it..

gm33

Photo of Max in his seat behind Selena!

http://i.imgur.com/eVFOXV3.jpg

Video: Max giving feedback to Taylor after her performance: http://samanthalynch134.tumblr.com/post/139391809109/taylor-and-selena

gm33

gm33

1989 ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Taylor: "I want to thanks especially Max Martin whose deserved to be up here for the past 25 years"