• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Bonnie McKee "American Girl"

Started by turnaround, December 29, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

with all that rules her lyrics are still teenager like.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 01, 2015, 07:20:54 PM
Bonnie being honest about her careeer.

In some ways, "Bombastic" takes me back to the raw sound of your debut LP from 2004.
You know, my first album is so painful for me to listen to.

Why is that?
I really can't even handle it. It just came from a really dark time in my life. It was also before I had been touched by any of the industry songwriting rules — I hadn't worked with Max Martin or Dr. Luke yet, so I didn't know the songwriting rules. It was just my raw teenage instinct, so there are a lot of mistakes on it. When I listen to it I'm like, "Why did I do it that way?", if I'd written now I would have done it so differently.

http://www.idolator.com/7598858/bonnie-mckee-interview-bombastic-ep

great read. explains the issue with her album that was supposed to come out last year. also looks like there might be hope to hear all those songs she did while on Epic.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on July 02, 2015, 08:18:12 AM
great read. explains the issue with her album that was supposed to come out last year. also looks like there might be hope to hear all those songs she did while on Epic.
Very good read indeed. Those pric*s in major labels are unbelievable. They delay everything. I can see that happening with the people I work with. It looks like even superstar writers and artists are treated the same way.

B Steady

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on July 02, 2015, 10:25:33 AM
                                                                                                 Those pric*s in major labels are unbelievable.

prices for what?
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on July 02, 2015, 12:33:18 PM
prices for what?

Hahaha Benny, I think he meant "p.r.i.c.k.s".  :P
But you know, the extremely harmful words are censored on here, as our admin is half Chinese half Iraqi. Lol

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: bugmenot on July 02, 2015, 07:39:15 AM
with all that rules her lyrics are still teenager like.

Yes, and?

turnaround

And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on July 02, 2015, 01:35:31 PM
"Pricks" is NOT censored

It was until an hour ago. I typed "pricks" and it automatically changed to "prices".

turnaround

Most definitely NOT. I have not changed anything recently regarding ban lists.
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on July 02, 2015, 02:12:39 PM
Most definitely NOT. I have not changed anything recently regarding ban lists.

Well since there's no way for me to prove the opposite - I'll just change my mind and trust you more than my own eyes. lol
::)

j.fco.morales

She's clear about her career though, good for her.

And I don't think her lyrics are weird, nonsense or teenage. Like everyone else, her craft have high and low points.
For example, I never liked I Don't Care -recorded by Cheryl Cole- and now I kind of like it.

I loved her point about songs you think could be smashes and ended up being nothing.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on July 02, 2015, 10:25:33 AM

Very good read indeed. Those pric*s in major labels are unbelievable. They delay everything. I can see that happening with the people I work with. It looks like even superstar writers and artists are treated the same way.

And there's other major labels that let artists release full-lengths with, in my opinion, a lot less momentum.

for example, Ciara's full length with Dr. Luke productions got released with little promo. Ryn Weaver, a brand new artist, had her LP released on Interscope. Even Hilary Duff finally got her album out.

I feel like Bonnie had it going after American Girl. It was a viral hit, I heard it in shopping stores, she did live performances. Epic is so shady. I really hope Bonnie signs with another major. She says in the interview that she's open to it... It's cool of her that she wanted to be independent so she could release music. 

I'm really hoping she gets legal ownership over all those songs under Epic and doesn't have to re-record them.

melodicmoonlight

turnaround

And I liked it..