• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Britney Spears Thread - BRITNEY IS FREE 11/12/21

Started by melodicmoonlight, July 12, 2016, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodicmoonlight

Glory
Released 8/26/16
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/glory-deluxe-version/id1139928388

Lead single: "Make Me..."
Produced by: BURNS
Writers: Britney Spears; ‎Matthew Burns‎; Joe Janiak; ‎Gerald Gillum‎

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etfJCm0nfr4

turnaround

And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

If Max is not involved, I'm not really interested.

Britney is like a mimmick of herself nowadays.

j.fco.morales

I liked it but I don't love it.

It's not what I expected but is a nice song :)

According to the iTunes file, the song was written by Britney Spears, BURNS, Joe Janiak & Gerald Gillum.

Britney has ghostwriting credits!
Plus: Joe Janiak was Ellie Goulding tour guitarist turned songwriter.
He originally wrote Beating Heart and wrote some stuff wit Mattman and Robin that ended up recorded by Adam Lambert and Take That.

turnaround

Funny, neither Britneys nor Katy Perrys new songs are available on streaming services? Are they the new Adele/Taylor Swifts?
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Britney's song is quite ordinary. It's sad really. I would love her to have another big hit

Bad idea not to have your songs on streaming. They're putting money first, fair enough, however I'm sure they earn enough touring etc.

turnaround

Do you think it was a coincidence that both Katy and Britney have released their songs on the same day or that it was planned to mobilise the fan bases to get them to #1?

https://open.spotify.com/track/0YSJCrlSWF3meRTNCu54WI
And I liked it..

nanofives

Both songs are quite good but they are so boring, why everything has to be so slow? I wouldn't be surprises if neither songs reach N1

Rex

I doubt this song will even make the top 10 in Billboard

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: nanofives on July 15, 2016, 01:30:47 PM
Both songs are quite good but they are so boring, why everything has to be so slow? I wouldn't be surprises if neither songs reach N1

It's been #1 on iTunes since last night and is holding strong.

And it's refreshing to have a change of pace in a Britney lead single. We've come to expect the banger but I really like this slow burning song, the lush chorus, and chilly atmosphere. Pulls from current pop music trends while staying Britney. The video is gonna push the song even more on charts.

j.fco.morales

I've read lots of people comparing this song with Ariana's Dangerous Woman.

nanofives

Sorry, I meant 1 on billboard, iTunes it's not very representative since all fanbases can take a song to number 1 over there.
It's not pulling anything on the current state of pop music since year after year most billboard top 10 hits are slow and sometimes boring
I won't name all but see hello Adele, the hills weeknd, thinking out loud ed, just to name a few. And this isnt something outstanding.
Anyway, I love the song already, it grew on me very fast lol.

B Steady

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 15, 2016, 08:26:47 PM
I've read lots of people comparing this song with Ariana's Dangerous Woman.

what kind of bullshit is this
Vila i frid Dag

Feelgoodlies

This is just not strong enough of a lead single. I just didnt really feel it from someone like Britney!