• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

And I liked it..

Rebecca

I love Love To Lay, Rockin and Secrets so far. Although I haven't listended to it in depth yet.

B Steady

Love the "Beddawenwebodapou" in the A Lonely Night pre chorus.
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

I find it a bit boring that he borrows from himself so much, when it comes to melodies. Is he already out of ideas and flows lol?

I Feel It Coming though, daymn

B Steady

Quote from: Polarmachine on December 08, 2016, 08:34:24 PM
I find it a bit boring that he borrows from himself so much, when it comes to melodies. Is he already out of ideas and flows lol?

I Feel It Coming though, daymn

Who do you mean? And can you give some examples please?
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

Quote from: B Steady on December 09, 2016, 09:53:12 AM
Who do you mean? And can you give some examples please?

It's just small fragments, but Attention in the start of the chorus is like The Hills.

Verse of A Lonely Night is like verse of The Hills.

Six Feet Under is a more obvious one, when he borrows whole parts from Low Life, but that one is ok cuz it's intentional.

I dunno, but I heard these things immediately but maybe they aren't that similar haha.

bugmenot

New album, New Martin's songs!

QuoteMartin travelled from New York, where he's been producing The Weeknd's new album.

dailymail.co.uk

(The journalist called The Weeknd a band)

j.fco.morales

Well, it could be: always the same collaborators.

Martin McKinney, Illangelo, Ahmad Balshe.

But I think what they do it to get tracks to write... and tweak.

nanofives

I see some similarities with Dancing With Our Hands Tied. The song is amazing, wasn't really expecting Abel to come back with Max. It's also the first time he doesn't work with savan, Peter or ali while working with Max.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

nanofives

Oh I forgot about that although Ali did some instrumentation over there.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on November 29, 2019, 12:46:09 PM
I see some similarities with Dancing With Our Hands Tied. The song is amazing, wasn't really expecting Abel to come back with Max. It's also the first time he doesn't work with savan, Peter or ali while working with Max.

Reminds me a lot of False Alarm.