• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift – "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (Max, Shellback)

Started by turnaround, August 14, 2012, 10:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Incredible.
New single by Taylor Swift is already #1 on itunes and it's co-written by Max Martin and Shellback.

Taylor Swift – 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'

Listen here:

http://www.popjustice.com/songs/taylor-swift-we-are-never-ever-getting-back-together

youtube.com/watch?v=KtFFQJiwSxU

So after Carrie Underwoods country gem, Max and Shellback once again with a new surprise hit!
And I liked it..

gm33

As a Taylor Swift fan and Max Martin fan this is a dream come true. The Taylor Swift/Dr. Luke song was also amazing. I hope there are more Max songs on the album aside from this one!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Alex Martin

Pink,Taylor,Christina and Kesha.....a great autumn for max

I love the song!!!!

gm33

Video of how the story came to be: (at 2:17 she mentions Max):

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/08/taylor-swift-reveals-new-album-red-drops-new-single-we-are-never-getting-back-together-abc-exclusive/

"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses."

Swift said the song was born while she was in the studio with songwriters Max Martin and Johan Shellback and a friend of her ex's — she declined to name names — walked in.

"He starts talking about how he's heard we were getting back together and that was not the case," Swift said. "When he leaves, Max and Johan are like, 'so what's the story behind that?' And so I start telling them the story of break up, get back together, break up, get back together, just, ugh, the worst."

"Max says, 'this is what we're writing. We're writing this song,' and I picked up the guitar and just started singing, 'we are never–'" she continued. "It just happened so fast. It was so much fun."

I really hope there is more than one song! This is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Raul_esp

Rebecca

wow, this is a surprise! great song and I love the story behind it too.

Khan9898

Sounds like a Avril Lavigne/Kelly Clarkson song. This is a Max miss for me.

turnaround

It's a cool song and solid production but I think the hookline isn't as catchy as usual. But nevertheless it doesn't seem to matter, people love the combination of Taylors sound and Max/Shellback input.

Quitter by Carrie Underwood was more my style.
And I liked it..

georg_e

I agree, Turnaround........:-)   But I love how they left in that part with her  talking in the middle......it sounds real, like the tape was running in the studio...never heard that kind of thing in any  song before:-)

Feelgoodlies

I actually usually hear songs from this girl despite the lack of vocal talent. When I saw this on the top of iTunes charts I decided to give it a listen and then I went oh it sounds so not country and catchy, I even wrote that in some other forum! Now I know why ;D

turnaround

P!NK had a spontaneous moment in "Raise your glass" when she started the chorus by mistake. But in general it's very rare :o
And I liked it..

Joshua

Woah I didn't see this one coming! It's not bad, needs to grow on me a little yet though. Really hoping they wrote a handful of tracks during the session.

"One More Night" by Maroon 5 and "Time Machine" by Robyn also include random studio banter at the end, Max & Shellback love including that stuff. Shellback did the same with Cher Lloyd's "Want U Back" too. Helicopter sound anyone?

JackSnr

Love this song (Swift was never very country anyway, this is just formalising it) Reports for Billboard.com put first week sales between 500 000 and 600 000 making it one of the biggest debuts ever.

Another number 1 for max hopefully!

Axel

I remember hearing this song for the first time. I had the same impression that Khan had, because I thought it was Avril singing. So yeah, sounds like an Avril track, but it's still a good song, and definitely a smart move for Max and Shellback.

gm33