• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Background vocals

Started by turnaround, May 25, 2007, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

I just noticed how very very loud the background vocals of Andreas are on "Miracles" by Jessica Folcker.

I love these strong chorus backgrounds, and in this case it was only him singing  :shock:
Anders von Hofsten, Jessica Olsson are of course fantastic  8)

Do you have any more favourite background vocal moments?
I love also of course "How will I know" and "To be able to love", all songs where they top the production with the    icing on the cake.

Don't ever part
I need some time
All I'm dreaming of
Is to be able to love
And I liked it..

princessofegypt

Quote from: "turnaround"
Anders von Hofsten, Jessica Olsson are of course fantastic  8)

Jessica Olsson? lol. Do you mean Jeanette Olsson?

turnaround

Oh of course,
Jeanette, sorry  :lol:

By the way, you are a singer princess?
Can we hear some records somewhere, where you appeared on?
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I love Max's background vocals on Nick Carter's I Got You -near the end.
Just lovely.
I'm pretty sure it's Max, just can't find the cd at the moment to check

Tommy Nelson

Hello Everyone! :D Here's what I know about the backup vocalist at Cheiron. At Cheiron, the backup singers (including producers and songwriters) actualy sing more than the artist's themselves! In most songs, they are the ones that you hear "carrying" the songs for the artist. Especialy artist like Britney Spears, BSB, *NSYNC, Five, Westlife, LFO, E-Type and more. Let's start with Andreas Carlsson, HE is the voice of Cheiron... His voice can be heard on so many songs he's not even credited for. For example, he sings backup (or almost lead on the chorus) on most songs he writes the lyrics to. HE is the main voice you hear on songs like "I want it that way" and "Bye Bye Bye" and SO many more. Andreas is also responsible for the special "Cheiron Accent" that helped make the Cheiron sound. You ever notice how none of the artist that recorded at Cheiron just plainly say "You" "Me" and "Baby"... Instead, it's "May" and "Babay" and so on... Andreas, Max, Anders, Nana, and Jeanette are the ones responsible for most of the vocals at Cheiron. Another good example is Westlife. Besides Andreas and Max singing on almost every song, you ever notice that voice that always goes REALLY high after the break on most Westlife songs??? Well, that's not one of the Westlife kids (no matter who they picture lip-syncing in the videos). It's none other than Anders Von Hoffsten!!! Listen and see if you can pick out how many Westlife songs he does that same high run after the break on. :wink:  He also sings on most BSB songs "Don't wanna lose you now" for example. He's the one that goes up above AJ and finnished his run after the break. Another BSB song Anders lends his voice to is "It's true" where he does the same high run after the break. Nana Hedin is also responsible for vocals on SO MANY songs. Her voice is amazing!!! She is the one singing lead on the chorus of not only most of E-Type's songs, but ALL of Britney's too!!! She is the one who "carrys" songs like "...Baby one more time" and "Oops!...I did it again" and listen for her powerful voice on "Stronger" where she goes REALLY high in the background on the chorus!!! Also, in "Stronger", listen for Andreas (talking) through the verse's underneath Britney... :wink: Jeanette Olsson has an amazing voice also! Her voice is very soft and sweet. And she doesen't sing backup for just female artist, but for "boy bands" as well! They always used Jeanette for the higher piched vocals that a male voice just can't reach! Listen for her in *NSYNC's "I want you back" where she's harmonizing with Andreas on the 'Ooo, Ooo, ahh ahh oww!' part right before the chorus. :wink: Besides singing backup on so many songs, she also did alot of vocal coaching for many artist (including Britney) at Cheiron. I could go on and on... 8)

: Andreas Carlsson

: Nana Hedin

: Jeanette Olsson

turnaround

Tommy, like always a pleasure to read  :D

I will listen to the songs you mentioned and try to notice all the details you mentioned.

Here is a picture of Anders von Hofsten, he also wrote a song for Westlife "Don't get me wrong", which was sadly wasted as a B-Side/Bonus-Track..

And I liked it..

andrea

Quote from: "Rebecca"I love Max's background vocals on Nick Carter's I Got You -near the end.
Just lovely.
I'm pretty sure it's Max, just can't find the cd at the moment to check

yes, it's max

I Got You (3:57)
Backing Vocals - Max Martin
Guitar - Esbjörn Öhrwall , Peter Kvint
Recorded By, Mixed By - Max Martin , Rami

i love that part of the song!

tommy, where did you get these infos? it's strange that other people do the background voices for a boyband... :smt017 for example on i want you back i hear jc and joey's falsetto on the ooh ooh aah aah oow part...

Tommy Nelson

:D Thanks Turnaround! I've never seen a picture of Anders Von Hoffsten. I love his voice!

turnaround

I just looked and "To be able to love" - Andrea, Max and Jessica sang the background vocals.

It's like the best combination of voices ever I imagine  :)

I would love to listen to a song of Westlife/BSB without the background vocals once, and hear the difference..

Background vocals are a art in itself aren't they, so maybe that's why the band members don't sing them all theirselves.
And I liked it..

Tommy Nelson

:? Andrea, Boy band's that recorded at Cheiron have alway's had professional singers like Andreas, Max, Anders and Jeanette singing on their records. For example, listen to "Dreams come true" by Westlife. Hmmm.... I wonder why Westlife magicly sound like *NSYNC all of a sudden??? Because Andreas and Max are singing with them... Also, listen to "Don't you want it" by Five. Besides Max, you will hear the same 'ahh oww' from Andreas as in "I want you back". Compare the vocals...

Tommy Nelson

:D Thanks Turnaround! To back that up, you can listen to these groups without the Cheiron singers. Just listen to the non-Cheiron filler songs on their albums and you will hear a big change in the vocals. Sometimes the vocals are so different in these other songs that they end up sounding like another group altogether! :D

andrea

yes, you're right about Five, they aren't so good as singers... however I don't think that BSB need professional vocalist, infact Brian, Nick, or AJ make often more than one voice at a time.

you can download a plugin for winamp here http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm
so you can hear better the background voices, because he remove mono sounds :wink:

turnaround

In how will I know, the "uuuuuuuuuuuhhhs" "aaaahhhhhhhs" are absolute BLISS alone.

Oh and I know Jules hates Jörgen for doing "Instrumentals" as a B-Side with voices on it,  :wink:

Thanks andrea!!
And I liked it..

Tommy Nelson

:shock: Andrea, Then how do you explain the big difference in the vocals of these groups on the non-Cheiron songs? If all these "boy bands" really were singing 100% of the time there would be no difference in the voices and harmonys from working with one production crew to another... And how do you explain BSB, *NSYNC, Five, LFO ( especialy, "Sex u up" that's Andreas all the way!), Boyzone, and Westlife all having some of the same voices and harmonys in the Cheiron songs only? If it really was only their voices on all of their songs, they would always sound the same no matter who they worked with. :idea:

andrea

i don't think that two more voices by andreas or max makes the difference in a four or five members' group... however it's possible that the producers add some background voices, but only for filling more the chorus, because backstreet boys, westlife and nsync can really sing well... :wink: