• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kick drum question.....

Started by georg_e, July 30, 2014, 01:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Quote from: Adam B on August 05, 2014, 09:45:45 PM
i instead of *
I think the forum removes links where material could be posted
Ah, I understand, thanks.  But unfortunately, even when I insert the "i" it wouldn't take me to the site by copy/paste method.   Appreciate you posting it anyway though!

Adam B

Trying again, this is in no way an illegal file -I just recorded it from my eurorack..

http://rockdizfile.com/jv8hybys00db

georg_e

Quote from: Adam B on August 06, 2014, 12:31:43 AM
Trying again, this is in no way an illegal file -I just recorded it from my eurorack..

http://rockdizfile.com/jv8hybys00db
Love it, thanks!!!   Assuming it works in sonic mix of my track, can I use it?  Just checking ;-)

DSonthebeat

The key signature, bpm, chord progression, and finally arrangement and type of bass used and how it moves, these are all responsible to how the kick pop out in the track, study the stem sessions available online of famous songs and you'll find there are not so powerful kicks used most of the time. Mixing the drums high in volume is the worst common mistake and one of the worst to get rid of... because it just mask all the track and make them all sound good and FULL when they aren't, then you have to lower them in mixing and mastering stage to get a decent RMS and the track suddenly feels wrong, empty and weak.
The kick of the song you linked... sounds really crap to me, plain 909, really uninteresting and weak but after all it worked decently so... really, don't get stuck on single sounds, they are a tiny part of the whole picture and try to choose the sound while not listening in solo!
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."