• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Agnetha from ABBA working with Jörgen Elofsson

Started by turnaround, October 04, 2012, 12:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Quote from: Joshua on June 17, 2013, 07:40:58 PM
It's nearly dropped out of the top fifty here. How did you manage to watch the doco, online or was it aired in Germany?
Found it on the internet. Haven't watched all, but what I've seen so far was beautiful. And so cool to have interviews in Jörgens studio.

I could listen to Jörgen talking for hours.

I had no idea Gary Barlow and Jörgen were pretty good friends.

So how many documentaries were there.

I watched the "Agnetha - Abba and After".

Has there been another one?

And I liked it..

J_A24

Wonderful effort.

I'm loving "I should have followed you home", Gary Barlow is one of my favorite songwriters, his songs are so authentic and classic. Jorgen did a fantastic job too.

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on June 19, 2013, 07:56:37 PM
So how many documentaries were there.

I watched the "Agnetha - Abba and After".

Has there been another one?

There'd have to be a Swedish one surely, but I'm guessing the BBC doco might be the main one. Here's the special that was on Australia's current affair program "Sunday Night", but it doesn't focus as much on the album as it does her career and life.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWk1xyNBnUY
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGxVC527Hw

turnaround

And I liked it..

Joshua

I finally saw the BBC documentary air here in Australia, and I had totally forgotten Jörgen would be featured, so that was exciting. Even though I'm not the die hard fan you are Turnaround, it was indeed awesome to see him interviewed. He speaks very good English I must say. I loved the part where Agnetha was singing "The One Who Loves You Now" with the band, I'm not sure if that was part of the recording session, but it was really nice. Love the track with Gary Barlow too, I must listen to that again.

I noticed the album jumped back into the charts here again after the documentary aired, so it must have been popular. They even showed an encore screening (the one I saw), and then another ABBA documentary was shown in prime time a few days later, mainly covering the making of "Dancing Queen". It's funny that even though I wasn't around for ABBA, when I watch these documentaries, I feel like I lived some of those same feelings with Steps. Must be the way they crafted the songs after ABBA's and just the general good feel of the group.

turnaround

It's so good to see Jörgen everytime:)

BTW - anyone heard the "Track by Track" on spotify. "The one who loves you now" demo was recorded by Janet Leon. It must have been very good. Would love to listen to that.

"Dance your pain away": Jörgen realised they didn't have a gay-anthem on it. And he knows she is a gay icon. So he wrote "Dance your pain away" :D
And I liked it..

turnaround

Agnetha and Jörgen with Peter Nordahl at Stockholm Pride receiving a golden record.

Amazing pictures.

Cool fact: Janet Leon's "New colours" is the official Stockholm Pride song. So Jörgen could probably celebrate the performance of his track by Janet too :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491702394239296&set=a.491702360905966.1073741833.429701990439337&type=1&theater
And I liked it..

Joshua

Really nice pics. Look at Agnetha doing her usual "no I'm not special, stop giving me attention" thing in the fourth photo, so sweet! :D

turnaround

Yeah, she comes across so shy and humble. Lol.

Jörgen is so proud and deserves the attention too.
And I liked it..

Joshua

I could be totally wrong here, but it sounds like the award is actually from Australia...  "A" has now gone gold here and you can hear the words "album", "gold" "Australian" from around 2:15.

I absolutely agree that Jörgen should be proud too, it's just as much his album as it is Agnetha's.

Joshua

Picked up my own copy (rather than my Mum's) of this today and I can safely say I'll be listening to this for a while in my car. Far out there's some good material on this album. It just gives me this overall vibe of Sweden, from the melodies to some of the arrangements. The duet with Gary is my favourite, but sooo many others are right up there too. Some almost get me a bit emotional. The only one I still can't get into is "Back On Your Radio", it sounds like a cheesy commercial jingle something. ;D

turnaround

Good news:

"The album has been certified with a Gold record award in Australia (35,000 copies), the UK (100,000 copies) and Sweden (20,000 copies)."

I read also that she received "Gold" in Germany, but it's not been confirmed officially.
And I liked it..

turnaround

Oh - who would have thought.

Agnetha performed live:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24922899

In the documentary she didn't seem to be very optimistic that it would happen anymore but now - maybe because it's for charity - she did.
And I liked it..