• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Goulding - Love My Like You Do (Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, January 03, 2015, 07:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

The new single is expected to be out in March.

Collaborators include Greg Kurstin, Jim Eliot+Jemima Stillwell and Jimmy Napes.

sweetmelody

Which song do you guys like better: Style by Taylor or this one? They are both gaining steam on the charts and it will be interesting to see which one does better. Either way, both will be up for #1 single #20 for Max. :)

Rex

Quote from: sweetmelody on January 19, 2015, 10:58:57 PM
Which song do you guys like better: Style by Taylor or this one? They are both gaining steam on the charts and it will be interesting to see which one does better. Either way, both will be up for #1 single #20 for Max. :)

The two songs are very different. I like both, but I think that LMLYD will do better on charts since it's ellie's first single, while Style is third.

j.fco.morales

It's not the first single from the soundtrack and the lead single off her new album is expected to be out in March.

uberweiss

Style is far superior, and will be a mammoth hit. Doesn't even go for radio adds for like a month and it's currently #12 on iTunes and #22 on pop radio.

Rebecca

I love the video

I can't decide which song I like better Style v LMLYD, it's impossible to choose for. I think Style will be a bigger hit.

sweetmelody

Quote from: uberweiss on January 22, 2015, 05:31:02 AM
Style is far superior, and will be a mammoth hit. Doesn't even go for radio adds for like a month and it's currently #12 on iTunes and #22 on pop radio.

Style is climbing radio Top 40 quickly. Currently #22. LMLYD is #27.

On Billboard, LMLYD is 36 (up from 45) and Style is 52 (up from 72).

On other metrics it looks like LMLYD has the edge, but both are well on their way up radio, streaming and sales charts.

With that said, Style is competing with Shake It Off and Blank Space, which are still monsters across all charts/metrics. They are starting to fall, and as they do, Style will likely move up to be another Top 10 and likely #1 for TS/MXM. LMLYD will sustain because of the movie, and there is a huge push behind Ellie, and I think it'll go Top 10 but not #1. Those are just my guesses.

Dr. Fleischman

"Style" is number one material and I think it will happen sooner or later.
I don't share feelings for LMLYD with some of you guys. Ellie did very well on the charts with "Burn" but I think that song was way, way better then LMLYD.
Quote from: sweetmelody on January 22, 2015, 03:20:26 PM
LMLYD will sustain because of the movie, and there is a huge push behind Ellie, and I think it'll go Top 10 but not #1. Those are just my guesses.
I agree, but top 10 is only possible because of the movie and all the hype behind Ellie, not because of the song itself IMO.

sweetmelody

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on January 23, 2015, 12:05:34 AM
"Style" is number one material and I think it will happen sooner or later.
I don't share feelings for LMLYD with some of you guys. Ellie did very well on the charts with "Burn" but I think that song was way, way better then LMLYD.I agree, but top 10 is only possible because of the movie and all the hype behind Ellie, not because of the song itself IMO.

Unfortunately, it's not always up to the song itself, as you know. ;-) As much as I love these Taylor songs, she can release pretty much anything right now and it will be a monster. It's just the power of her brand. The songs happen to be amazing though.

Interesting how tastes differ, as I was never actually a fan of "Burn." Good song, but never quite got the hook. In fact I've never quite been a fan of Ellie's until this song.

Re: Style as a song, I understand why they released it as the next single, but it's not one my top favorites off the album. I think "Bad Blood" and "All You Had To Do Was Stay" are much cooler songs, personally.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: sweetmelody on January 23, 2015, 02:33:52 AMAs much as I love these Taylor songs, she can release pretty much anything right now and it will be a monster.
Yeah, but it will be well deserved with Style...what I couldn't say about Blank Space :).
Quote from: sweetmelody on January 23, 2015, 02:33:52 AM
In fact I've never quite been a fan of Ellie's until this song.
Do you know her first album? Great pop music all along.

sweetmelody

Yeah, heard the first one.

I do like Blank Space better than Style, personally.

turnaround

Germany gets a 2-Track physical release.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/ellie-goulding-love-me-like-you-do/hnum/6759336

1) Love Me Like You Do (From "Fifty Shades of Grey" / Radio Edit)
2) Love Me Like You Do (From "Fifty Shades Of Grey" / Instrumental)

Max Martin did also vocals on the track. I count 10 vocalists on the track.
And I liked it..

turnaround

And I liked it..

Khan9898

The song has the old school epic BSB feel to it. I can hear Brian all over the chorus.