• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Demi Lovato - Cool For The Summer (Max, Kronlund) and new single "Confident"

Started by turnaround, June 22, 2015, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam B

I predicted a flop -was I right? Been away for a couple of weeks..

Havent heard it on the radio in my bmw yet.. :D

sweetmelody

Quote from: Adam B on July 30, 2015, 03:49:23 AM
I predicted a flop -was I right? Been away for a couple of weeks..

Havent heard it on the radio in my bmw yet.. :D

Not a flop. 24 on the Hot 100 this week, 13 on Top 40 radio and doing well in sales.

j.fco.morales

I don't like to reduce everything about sales numbers and charting positions.

And, there's lot of songs that became sleeper hits and became hits with time... and lots of amazing songs that are not hits.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 30, 2015, 05:28:07 PM

And, there's lot of songs that became sleeper hits and became hits with time... and lots of amazing songs that are not hits.

Exactly. It's great when a song does well commercially but it doesn't define how great that song is. CFTS is an excellent pop song, with an equally great music video.

turnaround

New song "Confident"

Max Martin, Ilya, Savan Kotecha, Demi Lovato
8)
And I liked it..

sweetmelody

Quote from: j.fco.morales on July 30, 2015, 05:28:07 PM

I agree. Lot's of great songs that aren't hits. But I think when someone calls a song a flop they are talking about sales/etc. CFTS is not a huge hit, but it is a hit by many standards.

Voodoo

Quote from: sweetmelody on July 30, 2015, 04:56:57 AM
Not a flop. 24 on the Hot 100 this week, 13 on Top 40 radio and doing well in sales.

Curious: Where are you getting sales figures? What source?

wonderarp

Yea, I like this. The brassy sound throughout the song is great.
The drumbeat is cool. Attitude.

sonnyblack2000

sweetmelody

I like Cool for the Summer much better. To be honest, I'm surprised they are bailing on CFTS so quickly, especially for this song. CFTS is Demi's most successful song since Heart Attack.

j.fco.morales

I'm not going for Confident as a single. I think Cool For The Summer will do slow, but it will.