• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Laleh - Kristaller (new album - includes solo version of "Welcome To The Show")

Started by turnaround, September 16, 2016, 11:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

You should all check out the new album by Laleh - Kristaller.

It also features her solo version of "Welcome the show"

QuoteLaleh, Main Artist - Gustaf Thörn, Asst. Recording Engineer, Background Vocalist, Bass Guitar - Michael Ilbert, Mixer - Aida S., Background Vocalist - Laleh Pourkarim, Author, Background Vocalist, Composer, Piano, Producer, Programmer, Recording Arranger, Recording Engineer, Synthesizer Programming - Erik Arvinder, Violin - Ali Payami, Author, Composer

Credits and tracklist here:

http://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/kristaller-laleh/0060255717214

Listen here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/1s2tfLoV8F4RRkcSPU8nzT
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Just listened to the whole album two days ago. It's great! The production and melody is awesome. Let It Fall is hypnotic. Recommend this!

nanofives

Loved this one

are Gustaf and Laleh related in some way? Engaded? Dating? Just music partners?

nanofives

This is my favourite of this era so far, much better than Knock Knock.

nanofives

Dagge

Quote from: Freakazoid on June 11, 2021, 05:15:26 PM
She is very talented...

How is she doing recently. I remember several years ago Max strongly believed in her songwriting abilities. But to me some of her melodies sound like just repeating of proven strong short phrases. Somehow mechanic, not yet close to Max's abilities. With due respect for her talent of course.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: getawaydriver on June 18, 2021, 11:58:41 PM
The melodies in "Change" really creep up on you. I've had the "cha-a-a-a-a-ange" bit from the chorus stuck in my head for days.

Love that part.

Dagge

Quote from: getawaydriver on June 18, 2021, 11:58:41 PM
The melodies in "Change" really creep up on you. I've had the "cha-a-a-a-a-ange" bit from the chorus stuck in my head for days.

I agree. It shows the power of a carefully chosen short melody phrase, if accompanied with some interesting chords and rhythmic words it can be repeated endlessly and you have a hit. In advertising repeating makes success. It is exactly as one quite a smart old UK producer told me long ago (and he was obviously right), finding a catchy short phrase and repeat it endlessly is much better than trying to be smart or 'artistic' and coin more complicated, longer melodies. With every added tone you raise chances to ruin catchiness (except if you are Max). Funny thing is that short catchy phrases that work are all free publicly available to be used.