• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetmelody

Quote from: Adam B on October 28, 2014, 12:29:38 AM
I had a listen and it really sounds like an album, most tracks have the same sound and there seems to be a lot of work behind every track. Don't really feel they are looking for lots of hits but rather wanted to put out something with some thought behind it, something that feels like a group of tracks belonging together.

However I think the mixing is way too bland, nothing sticks out and that makes me lose interest to some extent -especially when taylor doesn't have that voice that can carry a track by itself. Another thing that struck me was that the level is kinda low, a lot lower than it would have been some years ago.. Maybe that's a good thing.

My favourite so far is Blank Space.

Re: hits, I disagree. This album is full of hits, IMO. Some of the catchiest and melodic songs I've heard in a while.

Re: mix, this is some of Serban's best work. Again, IMO.

Adam B

Quote from: sweetmelody on October 28, 2014, 05:09:19 AM
Re: hits, I disagree. This album is full of hits, IMO. Some of the catchiest and melodic songs I've heard in a while.

Re: mix, this is some of Serban's best work. Again, IMO.

Well I think it's full of hits also, but not the super obvious, not the teenage dream ones..

sweetmelody

We'll see, but I guess it's all personal opinion. To me this is the best pop album since TD and I think I like it more.

turnaround

Quote from: sweetmelody on October 28, 2014, 05:06:57 AM
Best time to visit New York? ALL the time! Each season brings something special, so just find the cheapest tickets and hotels and Enjoy! :-)

I'm coming (as soon as I've got enough money) :)

*visits Houston Street*

"How you get the girl" and "All you had to do was stay" are pretty much my favourite from the album.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I think it's a really good album, and she have high standards. I'm not really feeling the full-pop production.

I think I love Red better.

Polarmachine

Quote from: Adam B on October 28, 2014, 12:29:38 AM
I had a listen and it really sounds like an album, most tracks have the same sound and there seems to be a lot of work behind every track. Don't really feel they are looking for lots of hits but rather wanted to put out something with some thought behind it, something that feels like a group of tracks belonging together.

However I think the mixing is way too bland, nothing sticks out and that makes me lose interest to some extent -especially when taylor doesn't have that voice that can carry a track by itself. Another thing that struck me was that the level is kinda low, a lot lower than it would have been some years ago.. Maybe that's a good thing.

My favourite so far is Blank Space.

I agree that the mixing makes makes some songs less interesting for me. I prefer when you actually can hear the guitars not only drums and vocals, for instance. This is something Taylor wanted I guess and you can really hear her Lorde inspiration, especially on Wildest Dreams. Also a bit of Lana Del Rey  ;)

Now I've had 4-5 listens and no songs reach up to their 3 songs on Red imo, maybe How You Get The Girl melodywise, but not production wise.   :-\

BUT; They had a different approach when making these songs. I think they focused more on making a complete album, and actually this album is more sonically put together than Red. 
AND; I think Taylor came in with a lot of the melody-ideas, we know for sure Blank Space, and Max/Shellback let Taylor write most of her own album and they produced it and was more of 2 co-writers.

j.fco.morales

Did you get the album Benny? or you're still based on 1.30 previews? :P

turnaround

Steady. Thanks for that. Max will surely appreciate and improve next time so that it meets your standard.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

I only just bought the cd today. My favourites are Style and How You Get the Girl as well as Shake it Off obviously. Overall I love the album, it's beautiful. I love the photos of Max and Shellback too in the cd sleeve, so cool.

sweetmelody

Would be interesting to get some more insight as to Max and Shellback's involvement in the album. Blank Space seems to be a song that was mostly written beforehand and MXM/SB mostly produced it. Judging by the 3 voice memos, those songs were pretty much written by TS. But I wonder if those are the only ones she mostly wrote herself and that's why the voice memos were put out. I know that it's incredibly important for TS and her team that she be viewed as the songwriter. I even remember her taking most of the credit for the MXM/SB songs on Red as well. I'm not saying it's being embellished because everyone in the industry knows that TS is a great writer in her own right. Just really curious what parts were done by who. The melodies on this album are really super amazing. Some of them, like How You Get the Girl, sound 100% MXM.

j.fco.morales

As you could imagine -and as Taylor said on the voice memos- there are a lot of ways to make music.

I think they crafted the songs from different ways: from scratch, writing to a track, from a previous idea, etc.

I've been listening the album and I think I don't like it that much in comparison to her previous releases.

melodicmoonlight

Polarmachine

I agreed with Benny in almost everything he wrote in that post, why is it gone?
Aren't we allowed to discuss more than; OMG I loved this and that part of this and that song bl.a. bl.a.

Rebecca

Quote from: Polarmachine on October 29, 2014, 07:09:00 PM
I agreed with Benny in almost everything he wrote in that post, why is it gone?
Aren't we allowed to discuss more than; OMG I loved this and that part of this and that song bl.a. bl.a.

I don't know where it's gone either, did Benny delete it? in fact, I didn't have a chance to read it.
Yes, of course we can discuss if we don't like something.

turnaround

Criticism is always appreciated. Also negative reviews are always welcome. My post was just aiming at Steady, as he still is not apologizing for accusating some of our members disrespectful.
And I liked it..