• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

What Vocal Chain is Max Martin using nowadays?

Started by Oroz, July 05, 2016, 05:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oroz

Hi, anybody know which microphone-preamp-converter is Max Martin and/or he's team using nowadays to record vocals?

I think I've seen a Shure SM7b on some videos.

Best regards!

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

sonnyblack2000

Often the manley reference mix into a chandler channel mkII into a tube-tech cl1b

rhythmic5

manley ref c -> calrec rqp3200 at cheiron... ref c -> chandler tg-2 -> 1176 during the dr luke days. currently they all use probably a mix of the ref c, telefunken elam 251 (used for sure on katy perry's records), korby mics, c800g -> 1073 -> cl1b and so on.

Oroz

Quote from: rhythmic5 on July 06, 2016, 05:46:59 AM
manley ref c -> calrec rqp3200 at cheiron... ref c -> chandler tg-2 -> 1176 during the dr luke days. currently they all use probably a mix of the ref c, telefunken elam 251 (used for sure on katy perry's records), korby mics, c800g -> 1073 -> cl1b and so on.

Thanks guys. I've seen many of the latest videos and I got the impression that lately he was working at his home studio more. There, I've seen the SM7b (and on other photos of his team) that's why I was wondering what chain is he using there.

Best regards!

Oroz

You guys were right. Just saw the Polar Announcement video and he's still using the TG2 with an 1176.

There's a SM7 there too but maybe is just for ideas? What do you think?

AlexanderLaBrea

At least "Love Me Like You Do" was recorded with the SM7, according to Ali.

Oroz

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on July 07, 2016, 12:30:31 AM
At least "Love Me Like You Do" was recorded with the SM7, according to Ali.

Great! Thanks!