• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

[THROW BACK] Solid HarmoniE - I Wanna Love You

Started by ShockdioN, January 30, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Quote from: B Steady on January 30, 2014, 07:31:21 PM
My booklet says no. Discogs says no too.

Once you unfolded your album booklet and spotted the (false) writing credit saying only Kristian wrote it, you might wanna have a look 6 sections to the right, to the lyrics of "I Wanna Love You" where on top the correct writer credits are stated, saying "(K. Lundin/M. Martin)".  :-*

And everywhere on Discogs it says Max co-wrote it, except for the 2 pages of the European album, where they obviously adapted it wrong from the booklet.

So to clear that up, Max was involved.  8)

cheironlover

I'm listening on my tablet, right now. I've never heard it before, but I must say that it's not bad, not bad at all. It's quite decent.

gm33

So, if you do an ASCAP ACE title search for I Wanna Love You, it lists the only writer as "LUNDIN KRISTIAN CARL MARCUS" with MARATONE/KOBALT being the publisher. I'm assuming Max owened the Publishing rights which is now why it's under Maratone, but only Kristian is listed!

However, on the old Cheiron site under Max' disography:
https://web.archive.org/web/20000815203202/http://www.cheiron.se/
SOLID HARMONIE
I wanna love you
Co-written & Co-produced

And on an archived version of the Maratone page:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070808182825/http://www.maratone.se/producers/maxmartin
SOLID HARMONIE
    Written by: M Martin/K Lundin
    Produced by: K Lundin

An official lyrics site pulls in this information:
Writer(s): Lundin, Kristian Carl Marcus
Copyright: Lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Universal Music Publishing Group, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics Licensed & Provided by LyricFind

It appears Max is not officially listed as a writer, even though Cheiron/Maratone/some booklets list him as one.

Thoughts?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

at least we can be sure that Kristian Lundin is the only producer
Vila i frid Dag

gm33

Can we? The Cheiron side said Max is a co-producer!  This is crazy.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

Quote from: gm33 on February 10, 2014, 03:50:23 PM
Can we? The Cheiron side said Max is a co-producer!  This is crazy.

oops I've overlooked that. crazy indeed
Vila i frid Dag

nznexus

who cares? why do you guys take this too seriously ;D
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Quote from: nznexus on February 10, 2014, 05:41:40 PM
who cares? why do you guys take this too seriously ;D

Gosh if you're not interested stay out of this ::)
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Good detective work gm33. I don't know what to think!
I always rely on the cd booklet, but now that it's gone from Maratone and it's not on ASCAP either, then Max maybe didn't co-write it.
But then again, Kristian Lundin usually collaborates, so it doesn't makes sense he wrote this alone. oh well!, I still like the song either way.

B Steady

In the meantime I'm sure Max is involved. As Jules already said, he's already mentioned in the booklet as a writer. I guess they just forgot it on the other page. Also, in the song's single "booklet" Max Martin is listed as a writer as well!
Vila i frid Dag