• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

I would like Max to write some "tougher" music in rap, rock, RnB or metal style!

Started by SweTonyUS, October 04, 2007, 12:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweTonyUS

I like all kinds of musical genres and I believe that swedish songwriters are good at writing melodic, tender, kind, youthful, humorous and (hope i don't offend anyone) "gay" music. They are not as good (or don't try) at writing "tough", "rough" or "dangerous" music (although the songwriters of Amon Amarth is a big exception among the elite group in my view). The kind of music that no club or radio station would shy away from playing for fear of being unhip. It would be interesting to see what would turn out if Max tried to write something really rough either in "black" musical genres such as rap and RnB or in musical styles such as rock and metal.

Another direction not heavily exploited by those swedish songwriters who write in english is political and social commentary. I'm not a big fan of simplistic left wing hippie lyrics but smart social commentary in the style of Dylan definitely contributes both to the public debate and to music.

Rebecca

Yes, it would be interesting to hear Max write a rap or r n b song.

I suppose Kelis's I Don't Think So is a bit rougher

I would love him to write a metal song. I suppose it would be difficult to find a metal band to record it as those bands usually write their own music though there are so many Swedish metal bands I'm sure one would want to record his songs.

The Pain song Just Hate Me is a little bit more metal.

ahmed

its good for max to write other geners like rap or hip hop cuz by doing so he will increase the number of singers he work with,but most of rap and r&b singers write and sometimes produce their own songs,and the topics of those genres is sometimes personal when a rapper talk about his struggle in life and stuff,and sometimes these songs are ''not shy'' as u called them and as far as i know about max writing he never wrote any sexual or even sexy lyrics,but i think he can write emotional R&B songs,max used to be great when it comes to emotional songs,he really does it well.

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

why should he write rap music? i don´t understand...

"tougher" music like rock?

so do you think baby one more time and i want it that way are the same music style like just hate me with pain, bimbo lambretta, kelis i dont think so, lesley roys psycho b*tch, and more and more...I think max sound is very rock today..
I dont want max to do rap, So many other that doing that really good it´s like hey dr dre can you do a song like i lay my love on you with westlife .. :)
If you can dream it, you can be it.

ahmed

i'm really shocked why max is almost copying the same chorus melody in most of his recent rock music style likefor example since u been gone,who new,u and ur hand ,just want u to know and psycho b*tch its almost the same,i wish he add some piano and violins to the metal sound to make it more beautiful and less noisy.and also there r many rock bands who r doing rock and metal music so i hope he look forward to some unique new productions.

ahmed

i wanna know if anybody here sent messages to rami on his my space and i wonder if he replied,i sent him many times and he never replied

Feelgoodlies

Max Martin in RAP >:( >:(

I'd rather him quit doing anything than this type of music(did I say music)

Rap has always been a crab to me,nonesene!,the reason why we love Max is that he always write songs that make sense.

I love him better in POP and Pop-Rock,he coiuld be good in R'N'B as well,BUT RAP AND HIP HOP God Forbids!

Alex Martin

;D ;D ;D AH AH AH great FEELGOODLIES.....ON RAP I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU.......

RAP MUSIC IS FOR JERK ::)

maxmartin'sfan

Am I The Only  To Love Hip hop here?  ;D

Yes I Would like Max in a hip Hop Track.. But just on the chorus with smby who sings with a Max melody!^^

turnaround

I don't usually don't like too much Hip Hop , but with a nice melody in the chorus and a good sample I could be convinced.   ;D
And I liked it..

Tiiger

Just the way you are
We'll be standing soul to soul
My love's never far
I will hear you call
You'll never be inconsolable

princessofegypt

Old school r&b/hip-hop is awesome. I don't know why people in here are turning up their noses as if they're too good for it. I mean, look at what most of you listen to on a daily basis. lol. You guys should really broaden your horizons a bit. And only starting to listen to a genre because Max tries to dabble in it doesn't count.

But anyways, Max should never touch anything slightly r&b ever again. Especially not without Denniz. He should stick to his watered-down rock imitation formula.  :)